US$93
US$104
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$93
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$104
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Florence House(Portsmouth)
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Hotels.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$121
US$117
G! Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$92
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

1,149 results
All reviewspancake machinegunwharf quaysexecutive roomhealth clubswimming poolsauna and steam roomminute walkthe hotel car parkleisure centresea frontclarence pierisle of wightshort breakhistoric dockyardquiet locationspinnaker towerfamily room
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Definately a chain hotel, but none the worst for that. Room had good view of ships passing by. Cleanliness and bed all ok. Bathroom extremely small and awkward to use.
Parking (as everywhere in south of England) not limitless, but adequate. Restaurant had no atmosphere and the menu was a touch Little Chef, but the staff were quick, polite and cheerful. Breakfasts sparse as regards variety. Hot food topped up, but cold buffet neglected.Failed to supply newspaper ordered, but reception sorted it out on departure.You may only leave your car in carpark until 1430 on Sunday after checking out. So do your sightseeing on Saturday.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
HR Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear ladyscribe,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding good seaviews and clean bedrooms. I will pass on your feedback regarding the Restaurant Menu to the General Manager. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff were quick, polite and cheerful as customer service is extremely important to us. I will pass on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager regarding the cold buffet being neglected so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Good facilities, very clean room - everting you need for an overnight stay. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Hotel is a 15-20 minute walk from the Harbour. There is a small pool, a sauna and a steam room which is a bonus. Recommended to all who visit the town who don't mind a bit of a walk. Great for Bssiness travellers

Stayed: September 2017

Dear gak2705,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding good facilities and clean bedrooms. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our plentiful breakfast and found all the staff friendly.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Very easy to find with car sat nav
Parking. On site parking is very tight and not gauranteed
Reception and Booking in. Simple and painless

Rooms.
I opted for a Deluxe room which is situated on the top floor. As I had travelled on my own this was a twin room. Normal facilities to be found. Hairdrier, TV with pay for view if wanted. Coffee and tea, Fridge and safe. Iron and board.
Plenty of mirrors but non that coul be described as a vanity mirror
Although the room was clean and tidy some of the fittings are a little worse for wear (especially the bed frame, nearest to window bery grubby looking). The bed and pillows very comfortable. Although you could get a wheelchair in the room it is not suitable for all wheelchair users due to bathroom.

Bathroom
Best described as bijou and certainly NOT cat swinging country. All fittings worked functionally. The bath is 3/4 sized with shower over the bath. The bath has hand fittings but no considerarion has been given for those a little infirm getting in and out of shower, there are no hand holds.

Storage is ample with wardrobe, however no bedside drawer space

Dining
I opted for Breakfast (that is not part of room price) which was good and plenty of choice. Staff are a little young but enthusiastic

The spa seemed busy but I did not use.

Overall The Hotel is functional but overpriced for what is on offer. Although I could find nothing wrong with either the staff of layout nor the facilities it is definitely overpriced for "deluxe rooms"

If you do opt for a "top floor deluxe" then ask for those overlooking harbour side of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear alan1540,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding clean and tidy bedrooms. We do have accessible bedrooms suitable for wheelchair users and these are located on the ground floor with bigger bathrooms, handrails etc. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our plentiful breakfast and found the staff enthusiastic.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I stayed for a 4 night, 4 day business trip and I'm pleasantly surprised at how clean this hotel is.
I stayed in an executive room and it was just the right size for me, the bathroom was cleaned to a tee everyday and I thoroughly enjoyed the special touches to my room in which the housemaids done while I was at work during the day.
I didn't manage to use the hotels health club but by what I saw, it was amazing, the pool was nice and clean and there was always a member of staff in the facility.
The location of the hotel was perfect for me, I was still able to go into Gunwharf Quays later in the evening as it was only a 10 minute walk away.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, they helped me find my room quickly and easily. - Adriano was very kind and helpful and made sure that I got to my room okay.
Breakfast was included in my package and was very delicious. The hot food and cold food were always topped up. I got a young lady - Megan I believe her name was, to help me carry my food back to my table. She was quick to help me out and even offered to get me tea or coffee. She also made sure to keep checking back on me to make sure there wasn't anything else I needed. Excellent customer service.
Overall, my stay was better than I could have imagined. Staff, location, room and facilities - 10/10.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very spacious and comfy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear MHat123,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

What a lovely review to read! Thank you so much for all your positive feedback I have passed on your kind comments to the General Manager. Customer service is of utmost importance to us so to hear Adriano and Meghan's efforts have been recognised is wonderful. I am sure they both be thrilled!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed here while visiting relations for four days. It was a very good breakfast very comfortable bed and very nice and friendly staff. There is also a swimming pool that you can use. Very clean and comfortable

Stayed: September 2017

Dear JanBen174,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding good breakfast and comfortable bedrooms. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our swimming pool and had a clean and comfortable stay.