“Amazing ”

Ranked #116 of 722 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Love Cosham Balti House. Best curry EVER! Staff are lovely food is amazing. Wouldn’t get a curry from anywhere else!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I don't live in Portsmouth but stay for work purposes once a month and make a point of going to the Cosham Balti.
Excellent food and really good quality. I've tried a few others in the area but I keep coming back here as it just the best in the area. Highly recommended

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I wanted to write a review having visited Cosham Balti (or Mr Hussein's as I know it) since it opened in the early 90s (my memory fades as to when, but it was before I went to university).

The take away is normally busy around the peak times of 7 to 8pm but the quality is worth the wait. I recommend phoning ahead to ensure you know when to arrive. A word of warning in that maybe on the phone things can be brief, but rest assured despite this its probably stress of orders and customers to satisfy rather then being rude. You normally get 1 free poppadom per meal, with onion side (but nothing else). I normally order more they are good sized.

I have had a few dishes and the portion size is generous, I recommend the madras, its just the right side of hot for me, but whatever takes your fancy.

Oh, one final thing in that the cosham balti house has won a few awards that you will see as you walk in. I think this speaks for itself.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We have been loyal customers of this Indian takeaway for many years. The food is always delicious. It is busy on some nights, but what you get makes it worth it even if you have to wait a little longer. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We ordered here on Christmas eve and the food was amazing - it was a little pricey but we were ordering for 8 of us so that could be the reason why. I loved it, the food was not greasy it was flavourful. Personally I do like hot and spicy food - I felt I could go a spicy level up but apart from that it was delicious!