“Small ship with a lot of history”
Review of HMS M.33

HMS M.33
Book In Advance
More Info
US$334.47*
and up
Portsmouth Historic Dockyards and HMS Victory...
Ranked #7 of 130 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 2 April 2018

During my visit to the historic dockyard I saw M33 and was surprised at the history of this ship. The staff welcomed us onto the boat and gave us some history regarding the ship. There is a short video to watch and then you can wander around the ship as much as you like. If there are other volunteers on board then can take you through such things as loading the guns or giving you a tour around various parts of the ship. I didn't know what to expect when I got on board but after my visit I'm really glad I went on board this historic little ship.

All reviews
"interesting visit"
in 7 reviews
"quick look"

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Quite small compared with the other exhibits at the dockyard nut well worth a look.Be sure to watch the film before you explore the ship.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed exploring this vessel, one of only 3 surviving vessels from WW1 I believe. The lady took us down and gave us some brief history about the ship, we were then able to walk around freely to explore inside and on the upper decks. I think children in particular would enjoy this a lot as well as adults with an interest in the history. Would recommend.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Amazing condition and set up so you can really get a feel for life on board. There are usually volunteers on board at weekend and they have all the stories and information to make the visit coma alive