“Good local restaurant, well worth a visit”
Review of Benzo Bar and Kitchen - CLOSED

Benzo Bar and Kitchen
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Description: Southampton's most exciting new bar and kitchen situated in the Bedford Place area. Offering the best in locally sourced, fresh homemade produce. Great selection of draught beers, classic cocktails and the best coffee!
Reviewed 20 March 2017

A group of us came here for dinner on a Saturday night. It was quiet as we were there early. The service was excellent with friendly staff and the owner is a great front of house person. The food was very good, I had the lamb. One of our party had the belly pork, it was a little dry for my liking but that is just a personal taste issue, my lamb as i said was perfectly cooked. We had a few bottles of wine and the restaurant was filling as we got to the end of our food. I wish the owner well as the place is a refreshing change for the Bedford place area.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Do the be put off by how quiet the restaurant is. The staff more than make up for a lack of atmosphere. Obviously a new restaurant. Our second visit and already can't wait to come back. Original authentic and exciting food menu, with a wine list and full bar to match.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Love my little lunches and dinner in Benzo. Great service with helpful waitresses. The Lamb melts in your mouth, specials and deserts to suit every taste and the wine list fits the menu on offer. I really couldn't say enough about the amazing, delicious experience it is every time I visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Great service. Lots of veg all cooked really well. There was lots of meat a bit too much for me and a bit too rare for my taste. Nice gravy. The lamb went down well and my husband said it was the best nut roast he's had. Desserts were very limited there were only 2 available, a bit disappointing as we ate at 1 o'clock, I could of understood if we were eating late. However, the sticky toffee pudding was delicious. The venue is not very accessible 2 steps to get in, but I was extremely disappointed that there wasn't an accessible toilet the ones they had were upstairs. I had to go over to the pub and ask to use theirs a disappointing end to the day.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this place and thought shall we pop in for a quick pint.. well that was the best thought I have had in ages.. I must say this is a great place the staff are warm and welcoming and cannot do enough for you. To top that off the food is top notch, we only had sandwiches on our first visit and the taste and quality blew me away, plus to top it off they serve a great pint!!