“Stunning food on a marina”
Review of Cove

Cove
Ranked #6 of 885 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$13 - US$1,318
Description: Bar Restaurant, Seafood Themed situated in Shamrock Quay Southampton.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Set in the middle of an industrial estate don't be put off by the surrounds. The food is up there with the best Southampton has to offer.
On line booking is easy, only thing I'd say was I didn't get a confirmation and that left me unsure whether the booking was being honoured, it was after a call, but was full and professionally busy.
The waitrons were lovely and attentive.
Starters of seared scallops were cooked perfectly.
Seafood linguine was huge and full of a variety of differing fish and shellfish calamari etc. Seared lambs liver was stunning. No room for puds.
Really nice menu, shabby chic decor, reasonable prices for the food served.
Glad I've found you!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We have visited Cove on a couple of occasions in the past but this was our first visit for a family Sunday roast dinner. It was early evening and there were a few other diners already in the restaurant but there were still plenty of tables available to choose from. Once seated we were given menus and our drinks order was taken. To start my husband and I both chose the smoked salmon with quails egg. For our main meals my husband, younger child and I chose the Roast Beef with all the trimmings whilst the elder child picked the beef burger. The starter was very nice with a good quantity of salmon and watercress. The quails egg was nicely cooked but it would have been nice to have 2 given the good amount of salmon.
The roast beef meals were equally delicious; a good amount of tender and succulent beef, crispy roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding accompanied by carrots, cabbage and cauliflower cheese. The burger and chips were deemed very good too.
We all had room for dessert so I chose the white chocolate creme brûlée with shortbread biscuits and my husband picked the sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel ice cream. The elder child chose the panna cotta with summer berries and orange sorbet and the younger child some chocolate ice cream. Each dessert was superb.
All in all a very tasty way to round off the weekend.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Came here for wedding anniversary on 19th July. It was very busy but the hostess made us aware there could be a wait but to be fair we didn't really have to wait that long and all staff are pleasant and attentive. I picked this place as it has a good seafood/fish selection. I had the mussels to start -blooming lovely and lobster mac n cheese for main, gorgeous but I couldn't finish it so took the rest home. Hubby had the squid to start and ribeye for main cooked to perfection. It's not cheap but not over priced either. I suspect the food is cooked fresh so the price reflects the food and happy to pay. Would definitely come back!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We visited with friends after seeing the reviews on trip advisor, we were not disappointed.
The service was very good, they were very busy so we're running short of some items, I had the lamb which was cooked beautifully, my friend the Calves liver again he said was delicious.
Good atmosphere although as there was a Birthday party and some children a bit noisy at times.
Certainly one of the best in Southampton.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

It's located in a anonymous area but this nice restaurant it's a positive surprise. Fish is fresh and cook with creativity and respect for the ingredients.