All reviews warm cookies diamond member sat nav lovely hotel large car park restaurant staff cruise package peppa pig world would stay again buffet breakfast plenty of parking checking out paultons park one night stay yogurt taxi motorway
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, so we could travel on to Salisbury at a reasonable time the following morning. The hotel was easy to find. Check in was good. The room was spacious, comfortable & clean. Breakfast was excellent. Only issue for me was the £5 per night charge to park your car. Where else are you meant to go? We all enjoyed our stay & would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Richard G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Great review buib7! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad we made a memorable stay for you and I hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stayed here for 1 night on a Peppa Pig World short stay.

Good points:
- Easy to find and close to PP World
- Easy, free parking (included in our package)
- Great check-in experience, including free warm cookies
- Nice room, clean and spacious
- The food at dinner and breakfast was delicious
- Kids under 5 eat free at dinner
- Waitress at dinner was very helpful with dietary requirements (gluten, egg and soya free)

Improvement areas:
- Dinner service should start earlier than 18:30 especially since they cater for pre-school children as part of the Peppa Pig World packages as this is too late for young children to eat, especially when the service is so slow.
- The food at dinner took ages to arrive, even the crudites and humous starter for our 4 year old which requires no cooking, and it wasn't busy.
- The "restaurant" was way too small for the size of the hotel. Basically a few tables in the lobby by reception where everyone arriving/leaving has to walk through. Would be better to convert the lounge bar area.
- Dinner menus should have allergen info or a separate allergen menu should be available. The waitress had to go and ask the chef and then mark on the menu in pen what was gluten free.
- Breakfast service was poor. There were no tables when we arrived so had to wait. The waitress didn't really understand when we asked about gluten free options. The buffet area was very small so small quantities of each item which ran out quickly and were very slow to be replenished. (For example, no hash browns appeared in the 45 minutes we were there and took at least half an hour for any sausages. Also had to keep waiting for more coffee.) However all the food that was available was very good quality and they did my wife a lovely omelette on request as a GF alternative.

All in all a pleasant stay and would return, they just need to sort out the breakfast situation, and ideally start dinner earlier and/or serve the food quicker.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Mikebabs1 for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Thank you for your lovely feedback and I will certainly share your constructive feed back regarding dinner and breakfast. From your feedback it sounds that you stayed whilst our restaurant was being refurbished. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused during this time. I hope very much to welcome you back again very soon

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We've stayed in Hilton hotels for some time but only just joined Hilton Honours scheme and to be honest we were a little cautious of what we were going to find.

We arrived before checking in time ,were greeted by happy smiling faces and checked in immediately.Service was excellent even one of the reception guys helped to bring the baggage ( considerable) to the room.

Bar staff very pleasant, and considering the hotel was in refurb mode the noise was kept to a minimum with little or no visible disruption.

Restaurant staff extremely helpful even though they were under pressure due to limited spaces and the food was excellent.Perhaps Hilton would take some of them to Blackpool - just so they could teach them how it's done in Southampton.

Food was excellent and not expensive.Breakfast was fine considering the amount of people they had to cater for due to alterations.

All in all this hotel was performing WELL ABOVE BRAND STANDARDS.

HIlton are finally back on our 'to stay' list in the uk.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear of the hotel on 5 th floor are quieter overlooking the trees.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Richard G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Great review kevin_poynton! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us, it is greatly appreciated. I am so glad all the team made a memorable stay for you and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

It was OK. Just there for one night, very tired after a 6 hour train journey and apprehensive about the next day embarking Queen Elizabeth for a voyage to Sydney. So didn't really want any problems. Very slow check in. TV wouldn't work in the room. After investigation found disconnected cables which we rectified. Ordered Sunday newspapers. Ordered taxi. Papers never arrived. On checking taxi booking there seemed to be some confusion as to whether anyone had ordered it. Stress which we could have done without. Having said all that, we had a perfectly acceptable bar meal and breakfast and the duty manager arranged sandwiches for lunch free of charge to compensate for the difficulties experienced - so thank you for your understanding and overall not so bad really !

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you WILLIAM W for taking the time to share your stay with us. Thank you choosing us as your place to stay in Southampton. I am sorry to learn about the problems you had checking in and with your television. I will also share your feedback regarding your papers and your taxi with my reception team. I fully understand that this is not the level of service you would expected so please accept my sincere apologies. I am happy though to see that you had a better experience in our bar and at breakfast. I am glad we had an opportunity to make it right for you and I hope to welcome you back the next time you take a cruise from Southampton. I hope you enjoyed your time on Queen Elizabeth!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We had our Wedding here and I would like to shout out to the world how amazing this Hotel is. Not only our Wedding was the best day we could ever ask for , but the bedrooms are great, the service is brilliant and the food is outstanding quality. I couldn’t fault this place even if I wanted to even tho I work in the hospitality industry so I am sure I am more judgemental. Our Wedding coordinator was Amy. She was BRILLIANT. Her and the team never said no for anything, they made sure they accommodate all our needs (which was a lot, I have to say…) . In my opinion, the most important when you stay at a Hotel is to feel welcomed which we did from the moment we made an enquiry until the moment we left the day after our Wedding. Thank you Doubletree Hilton, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Great review floorban! Congratulations! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is a great pleasure to be a part of your very special day and I am so glad the team worked hard to ensure it was faultless. I will certainly ensure that Amy is recognised for all her hard work and I hope to welcome you back very soon