“Father and Daughter Brunch”

Halladay's Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Southampton
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My dad treated me to Hallyday's when I had a day off work. He goes fairly often for lunch or breakfast and this time we arrived for brunch (around 9.45am). We both had the classic breakfast and I was not disappointed.
The breakfast was huge with good quality sausages, bacon, mushrooms, fried bread, black pudding, hash browns and egg. Also toast with real butter and pots of marmalade and jam. We both had a cappuccino which came with a complimentary pink wafer. The staff were happy and friendly and we stayed a good hour or so because the seating was so comfortable and the cafe welcoming and cosy. I would deffiently reccomend and will return when i next have the opportunity.

1  Thank emmaj1986

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Called in as we were in Bedford place and what a find ! Lovely little traditional looking tea rooms with great menu and superb cakes. Service was excellent, even though it was very busy. Good quality really good. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. Great for breakfast or just tea and cakes.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a nicely decorated tea room with friendly staff at the bottom end of Bedford Place. Four of us went in around 10.00am on a Wednesday morning, thinking that it would be quiet. Well, it was heaving! We managed to get a table by the door but people were finishing quite quickly so we found ourselves a better table. Even though they were so busy the waitresses still found time to smile and chat which really does make a difference.
Three of us ordered different combinations of their Classic breakfast (which is a nicer name for a full English): eggs, bacon, black pudding, sausages, toast and jam, baked beans, tomatoes, hash browns, mushrooms and fried bread (phew!). All for £9.00 each. We also had good coffee and tea. My only criticism would be against the fried bread which was horribly oily. Everything else was lovely.
It's the sort of place that you want to stay and chat, which we did as the demand for tables had stemmed a little. Recommended.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

A couple of friends and I visited Halladay's Tea Rooms after seeing it from the outside and thinking that it looked lovely. We really enjoyed the set up of having all of the menus on the walls (luckily I had my glasses on otherwise it might have involved a lot more squinting!) but the food was really quite pricey. I had a club sandwich which came with chips (approximately 5) and it was nice enough but really quite pricey. The service was really friendly and the staff made sure that nobody had any allergies to anything which I thought was really good.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Amazing food, the egg royal was amazing mouth watering. I was well fed and I just wanted more. The Carrot cake was yuuuuum.
My biggest problem is that they didn't let us sit where we wanted in case a larger group came along at 3pm which they didn't