Abbey Lodge(Southampton)
US$57
US$62
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Argyle Lodge(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$82
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
US$131
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

The Blue Keys(Southampton)
US$63
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Hunters Lodge(Southampton)
TripAdvisor
1,735 results
All reviewsprivilege roomhigh streetcruise packagecity centrestayed here for one nightfull englishcruise terminaldolphinswetherspoonsportannexdocksship
Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

Lovely staff, lovely food, lovely room. Always stay here when I am in Southampton, business or pleasure. great location, nice car park and the room is always very nice. Cannot recommend this hotel enough - the staff are a credit to the hotel, always welcoming and helpful.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
ECDolphinHotelGM, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Dear nmcclu315

Many thanks for posting your comments.

We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2015

Back in Southampton, for the first time since January 2015, I returned to The Dolphin. I was given a room on a corridor with which I am familiar, but this time on the other side, so giving me a view across a courtyard which I didn't know existed. This brings home one of the attractions of this hotel, that it is a rambling building, with different sections added at different times. If you want straight lines don't come here, if you want an interesting building, with always helpful staff, I do recommend it.

The room was good, large and quiet, with a very comfortable bed, good hanging space and generous tea-and-coffee makings. The bathroom was well equipped.

The petrol station at the back on which I have previously commented (although a little way from the hotel itself, as the car park is at the rear) has been demolished. I'm not sure what is being built in its place, but it's far enough back not to create a real problem.

I have previously commended the good value dinner, bed and breakfast deals occasionally offered by the hotel. There are also a number of decent pubs and restaurants within walking distance.

Breakfast is good.

The hotel does offer free wifi, but that means signing up with The Cloud. The Ts&Cs are in German; as best I understood them one has to accept incoming advertising e-mails in exchange, so I simply stick to my UK dataplan. But I'm not sure that it's entirely fair to offer 'free' wifi with a condition of this kind, especially in German. If I were a non-UK resident who had chosen the hotel in part because of its free wifi I would have been very unhappy.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarum_Castle

Dear Sarum_Castle

I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations on your recent visit, and that you were suitably impressed with the bedrooms in the hotel.

It was also very pleasing to read that my staff surpassed your expectations, I have passed your comments on to the team.

I am also pleased that you very much enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I am sorry that your experience with our WiFi.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the near future and I would like to thank you once again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

The exterior of the building is beautiful, and the Dinning both for breakfast and dinner was excellent Quality. Location to the City centre is great as well with just a five Minute walk to the Shopping centre West Quay. My room was spacious and warm, but the bathroom, could have been updated to a higher Standard compared with other rooms I have stayed at in the same Hotel. The staff were very nice and friendly, and accomodating. I would and I will be visiting again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ian_brealy

Dear ian_brealy

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comments onto Tripadvisor, we value our customer’s feedback and check the website regularly to help monitor and maintain our high standards of service.

I am delighted to hear that we met with your expectation on your recent visit and that you were suitably impressed with the location of the hotel. It was also very pleasing to read that my staff surpassed your expectations and that you very much enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

The staff of this hotel could not have been more helpful and friendly, especially in corresponding with me by email, answering questions, and setting up our reservation. Alas, the hotel itself was a huge disappointment. I thought it would be fun to stay in an historic property, but this place is just too rundown. The carpet in our room had many stains and should have been replaced long ago. The lighting in the bathroom was almost non-existent. It's a shame, as some investment of money and some TLC would do the trick.

Room Tip: I can't recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeemMeUp

Dear BeemMeUP

I was very pleased to hear about your comments regarding the quality of service you received from our Reservation team.

I appreciate that some areas of the hotel are in need of modernisation and improvement and I am pleased to say that this is taking place.

I am working with my maintenance team to improve the hotel and I am pleased with the progress that is being made.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

My friend and I chose this restaurant and were in room 211 which was a twin room. The beds were extremely comfortable and soft and the pillows were also just as comfortable. The heating didn't really heat up the room unless you were sat right infront of the radiator so as it was mid November, we spent most nights have to wrap up and lay in bed just to keep warm.
The facilities provided were as good as any other hotel, however the username and password provided for the wifi was annoying as you had to sign in every single time you wanted to use it. I had already thrown my username and password in the bin as I didn't expect to have to need it again.
The walls were very thin so even people who were whispering in the corridor could be heard quite clearly in the room.
The shower/bass was a disgrace! The bath was extremely dated and leaked from one corner which flooded the bathroom floor each time it was used! My pyjamas that were on the floor got soaked through and I asked for them to be dried and they said I had to pay an extra £7 for dry cleaning when it was their fault anyway. So this happened twice a day when my friend and I wanted to have a shower so once we did shower we had to use ALL of our towels and lay them on the bathroom floor to soak up all the water. For the price we paid for this I am most disgusted with that.
I will most likely not return to the hotel, however it is very well located!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Lydi-Marie G

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look
into this matter.