My (very) elderly parents visited us in Southampton and I booked them into the Dolphin Hotel. As they were coming for a few days, I upgraded them to what I thought would just be a nice room, but it was actually a suite! They were delighted! I spoke to the hotel directly as well as the booking agent (Booking. Com) advising them my parents would need easy access. The lift was very close to their room and a ramp took them up the slight incline to the room. However, there was a step up and then a step down as part of the entrance to the room, but mostly they were able to navigate this. The rooms were clean and tidy, with a mini bar, kettle and fancy coffee maker. A lovely, huge bed, clean bath linen and robes and slippers. The bathroom, however, was tired and although it had a modern hand basin, needs to be decorated and the toilet and bath need to be brought up to scratch.
The hotel management were very kind and filled them with tea when they were waiting for me to collect them when they checked out.
The Dolphin is far enough away from the shops to be quiet, but near enough to walk. The restaurant served an excellent breakfast - plenty of fresh fruit, etc. We didn't eat any other meals there, but the menu looked inviting and reasonably priced, all things considered. There are plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby, or short taxi rides away.
My son is getting married next year, in Southampton, and we will definitely recommend this hotel to any guests needing accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel