“Anniversary dinner”

Ranked #8 of 885 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$20 - US$59
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recently awarded: AA Rosette - March 2017 BRA Best Restaurant in Southampton - June 2017 8th Best Fine Dining Restaurant in the UK - October 2017. We are a relaxed fine dining restaurant positioned in a tranquil affluent MDL Marina minutes away from Southampton Football Club's St Marys Stadium. We offer freshly cooked food and we are proud to use local suppliers as much as possible. We have an "Open Theatre" kitchen for customers to feast their eyes and ears upon and also have a well stocked bar with skilled Mixologists to create bespoke beverages. We are an experienced team that wishes to push Southampton's culinary and beverage boundaries. We are open 7 days a week and reservations are becoming a must to avoid disappointment. We look forward to welcoming you to our restaurant!
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Quay Fifteen to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it did not disappoint. The food looked absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing too. The staff were friendly and helpful and really made our evening extra special. Will definitely be visiting again! Thankyou!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I don’t quite know where to start with how disappointing this meal out was. The harsh cheap LED lighting gives the place an ambiance of a nasty curry house. The waiter’s boast that he was a trained mixologist and could mix any cocktail followed minutes later by the apology that they couldn’t manage a mojito (or even a Hendricks and tonic for that matter) as they didn’t have any mint or cucumber. Then there was my dirty martini; it didn’t even have the olive listed on the menu and was as bland a martini as I’ve ever tasted. Then there’s the food... A few handmade crisps and bread were nice but not high end at all and rather stingy in their portions. The starter was a couple of pieces of salami and my main attracted giggles from my friends when it arrived. It was the most expensive thing on the menu and was basically two nuggets of pheasant and a piece of cabbage. I’m all for fine dining but I left that place genuinely hungry after three courses. The wine was good but that’s about all I can say. Quite happy to pay £60 a head for a meal but I expect a lot more than this place offered. Try Abarbistro in Portsmouth if you want good food, service, wine and portions for less money on the south coast. By comparison this place was dire. I give them six months.

2  Thank doctordannyboy
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I don't even know where to start, the meal was incredible from start to finish. I live in London, but I'm looking for any excuse to get back here as soon as possible, The fish was unreel! The staff were attentive, and funny. If you can, then visit this place, it is unbelievable, I am in love.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Came her with a party of five as an end of meeting business dinner ,
My guys eat in some very nice restaurants and i also had our company President with us , so we're all very well qualified to review restaurants .
Quay Fifteen is so good !
From the time you reserve your table to the very friendly welcome on arrival , there's no frills here , just good old fashioned service and excellent food
The food is of a very high quality and presented as good as i've witnessed in some Michelin Starred restaurants , the Chef has all our total compliments for this .
100 % would recommend , don't expect steak & chips piled high on your plate
Weather was extreme outside so made the inside qualities even more warming !

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I was looking at making a reservation at a Michelin starred restaurant for my wife's birthday but decided to go on Trip Adviser ratings and reviews instead. I am very happy that I chose Quay Fifteen as the service and food were both excellent. Everything my wife and I ate was incredibly tasty and memorable and was especially good with the wine pairings. I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone and already have done so in person to several friends and family! Great work by the team there!!