“Highly recommended”

Ranked #8 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Recently awarded: AA Rosette - March 2017 BRA Best Restaurant in Southampton - June 2017 8th Best Fine Dining Restaurant in the UK - October 2017. We are a relaxed fine dining restaurant positioned in a tranquil affluent MDL Marina minutes away from Southampton Football Club's St Marys Stadium. We offer freshly cooked food and we are proud to use local suppliers as much as possible. We have an "Open Theatre" kitchen for customers to feast their eyes and ears upon and also have a well stocked bar with skilled Mixologists to create bespoke beverages. We are an experienced team that wishes to push Southampton's culinary and beverage boundaries. We are open 7 days a week and reservations are becoming a must to avoid disappointment. We look forward to welcoming you to our restaurant!
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I've been lucky enough to have been to Quay Fifteen 3-4 times in the last couple of months, and I just can't fault their food, service and approach.

The staff are only too happy to help, with the perfect balance of attentiveness and privacy.

The food is of a consistently high standard, and always delicious.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I heard on the radio this morning that this was an award winning restaurant, had to check it out for a business meeting. It was AMAZING. I’m pictured here with Barry the GM (left) and Rocky the owner (Right). I will be back for a meal with my friends.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was very happy to award a 5-star ranking to this restaurant on our previous visit. This time we visited for dinner on a Tuesday night with two friends and were disappointed overall with the fare provided. We began, as before, with a parmesan biscuit and home-made rosemary flavoured crisps. The biscuits had an excellent texture, with a full cheese flavour. The crisps were too salty. The second amuse-bouche was some small cherry bread rolls, to be dipped in an oil (probably rape-seed oil). The rolls were somewhat hard, not perfectly fresh. The starters were OK - two of us chose the lamb kofta (£8), two a cooked goat's cheese (£6) on salad. The wines were excellent. I had a very tasty 175 ml rioja (£8.50), with a fine purple colour. Others enjoyed their sauvignon blanc (£7). Two of us continued with pheasant breast (£22). The meat was tender and tasty enough, as was the root vegetable puree. A large tranche of unexceptional and plainly cooked cabbage lay under the two pieces of meat. The thin carrots had a gelatinous texture; it was not clear how they had been cooked. The top decoration was of peashoots. These have a delicious taste when fresh - one of my favourites. On this occasion they were beginning to turn yellow and had no flavour whatsoever. One diner chose the plaice (£17), which had a salad accompaniment including some raw ginger which was overpowering next to a delicate piece of fish. My wife chose the wild mushroom stroganov (£16), which was OK although the underlying rice had no mushroom flavour; the mushrooms were placed on top. All in all, the quality of the main courses was not close to the excellent fare that we had enjoyed on a previous visit. They did not justify the price charged. It We ordered some desserts and the waiter then asked if we would also like some coffees. We ordered these too but were surprised when they were served some 5 minutes before the desserts. As I see it, coffees (£3.50 and £4.00) should not be served until the desserts have been finished. I would have requested this explicitly, had I known that they would do otherwise. Well, it is an attractive restaurant, pleasantly situated in a yacht harbour (Shamrock Quay), but we were disappointed on this visit.

6  Thank BroLucius
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Quay Fifteen for the first time this evening and were amazed. We enjoy fine dining places and Quay Fifteen was no disappointment. After perusing the menu we were still unsure of what to order because it all looked good and were informed that we could still have a 5 course taster menu without pre ordering. There was no issue for the waiting staff or chefs so we then ordered a taster menu. It was incredible and the accompanying wines were perfect.
We had the vegetable broth with fresh home made special bread which was a delicious start, followed by a citrus salmon dish that was purely divine. We had the accompanying wine and that was perfect. For main we had the slow cooked beef which with the red wine, celeriac sauce and horseradish mash was simply divine. For pudding we had the deconstructed millionaires shortbread which was a naughty treat and to finish we had a cheese board with probably the best mature creamy and cheddar I have ever had!
We met with the owner, manager and chef all individually and their knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for food is second to none and it will not be long before our next visit.
Thank you to Rocky and the Team.
Richard & Sarah

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Excellent food superb service and terrific atmosphere. Nothing is too much trouble for staff Quay FIFTEEN can't recommend them enough. Thank you guys for an amazing food experience.