“Fantastic pre theatre lunch”

The Vestry Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #128 of 927 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Conveniently situated right opposite The Mayflower Theatre

Pre booked easily on line ( would advise per booking as gets very busy)

I ordered the fish pie followed by the chocolate pot from the pre theatre
menu

Food was delicious

Service was efficient and perfectly timed for our show ( we booked for 12.15pm for a 2pm show which worked out brilliantly)

Would definitely visit against

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Just across the road from the theatre and service was fast but ... everything seems to be very prepared to the extent that if you ask for bread or toast to go with your starter it can't happen before you've finished. Quite expensive but tasty

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Visited the Vestry following a theatre trip to the Mayflower theatre to see The Band - had booked a table for dinner but on arriving at the Vestry my mother started to feel unwell - the staff were amazing - told us not to worry about the booking - secured a taxi - led us out the back way as there were no steps for my mother - and got us in the cab back to the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble even tho they were very busy. Would thoroughly recommend .

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I booked a table online - wanted to go about 19.00 or 19.30 but website said only 20.00 available. When I arrived the place was empty. Strange!
Ordered a two course meal with 2 glasses of wine. Starter arrived and was delicious. As soon as I finished I was informed main was on its way - and it duly arrived.
Again very tasty. I didn't order dessert as I don't really go a lot on desserts. So Tuesday night on October 24 I was the only one there until about 20.30ish when another couple came in.
Anyway I would go back again.

Claire S, General Manager at The Vestry Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor for The Vestry, we are glad you enjoyed the service and food. Should you wish to book at 7pm but the online booking agent is not allowing you, you are always welcome to call us and see if we can book it for those times.

Kindest Regards,

Claire Soulsby

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

12 of us met for lunch today in this beautiful venue. It was the first day of their new menu. The food was good, and in some cases excellent. Service was pleasant, and quite quick (although they were quiet at this time on a Saturday). The main negative was they messed up our bill, and ended up overcharging us (by about £20). We did try to get it corrected, but after a few goes at getting it put right(and about half an hour of back and forth), we kind of gave up...!

Hi,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed our new menu and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest Regards,