“Mid week dinner”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The food choice is magnificent and the service is good. All the food is cooked fresh. Really recommend this place. Also had a roast here not long ago. Was delicious!

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I spent a long time researching as I wanted somewhere just right for a special dinner with guests. I booked this by email and was pleased with the response. I arrived before my guests to find a table allocated by the door - not ideal - so I asked for another table which was given - but I noticed there was some discussion between staff members about doing this. Not sure why as the restaurant was not full. We had a very good meal - all choosing different items from the menu and finding them well cooked and presented. I felt it was reasonable value for the quality of food and surroundings. Relaxed and informal -I would return and think my guests would too.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Always reliable. Friendly staff and very good food. Located on a street with probably Southampton’s best restaurants; however I think this place is the most reliable.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I went for lunch with my son and daughter-in-law and had a lovely experience . The food was delicious and all dishes were well presented. The service was excellent with attentive staff ensuring that we were all content with our meals. Very nice ambiance within the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I said I would review this restaurant again after having had a bad experience with a almost cold roast dinner a couple of month's ago. It was fairly late on a Sunday so I thought that there was some excuse. Went for a Sunday roast, at sunday lunchtime, to see if they could do better. The roast looked good and the staff were attentive but it was barely warm enough . . . I am not somebody that likes things burning hot. People are always telling me that I leave my cups of tea until they are tepid etc BUT, this roast was not warm enough. To give them their due, the staff noticed I wasn't eating it and they went and got me a new one (not a microwaved up version of the first one) but I then felt bad about it - and they must be losing money on their food if they keeping sending it out half cold and then having to replace it. I don't understand what is going on?

1  Thank jacqueline t