“Phenomenal T-bone.”
Review of Steak of the Art

Steak of the Art
Ranked #49 of 881 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$9 - US$59
Description: Steak of the Art is a place where people appreciate great British food in an unpretentious, casual dining experience. The art on display in the gallery means people can visit without going into the restaurant. It is also all for sale and we're planning to have some exciting exhibitions, displays and events.
Reviewed 26 May 2016

We picked this place as it was by the water and looked quite quirky. The food was superb. It was a bit like a branch menu, it wasn't a huge menu, but what they did was excellent.

The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and couldn't have been more helpful.

I had a 500g T-bone and it was absolutely bang on. It makes my mouth water thinking about it now.

If I am ever back in Southampton I will be going back.

Will C, General Manager at Steak of the Art, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Thank Robert! See you again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2016

We only really popped in for a light lunch but then it poured with rain so we stayed a bit longer! We had a BBQ platter to share which was really tasty. The meat is smoked on site apparently and just fell apart. The decor is bright and funky and we sat by the window which has a great view over the marina. All the staff we encountered were friendly and attentive. Before we left one of the guys brought over some paper towels to dry our bikes off with! That was so unexpected and thoughtful. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

I have to agree with some of the reviews complaining that the prices are steep however if you are prepared to pay 10% more than you would elsewhere you will find that the food is very good. We enjoyed the environment and surroundings and the staff were very friendly and helpful. If you can stretch the budget I think you will find it worthwhile. We will re-visit but not as often as we would if the prices were just a little lower.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

I was sceptical of the place to start with as I have tasted a lot of good and bad steaks. I can confirm that this is a very good restaurant and would definitely go back, the steak was cooked to perfection, staff are very friendly and efficient and all food was excellent and no time to really wait for the food.

Thanks Samantha! See you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing meal with my other half. We loved everything about the place. Decor was amazing. Fantastic food and service. Staff were helpful and friendly. My steak was cooked to perfection and sides were delicious. Can't wait for my birthday. We've booked the birds nest (shown in the pictures I attached)