“Great food”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #112 of 217 Restaurants in Winchester
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Description: A fun, fresh Caribbean inspired restaurant in the heart of winchester. With deliciously addictive food and drinks!
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Never been to a turtle bay restaurant before. However will now be trying our local one in Bournemouth. Food was great and staff all happy in there jobs.

1  Thank chrisb1233

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for lunch and was greeted with a friendly welcome ,
Our waitress was very polite and attentive,
We ordered the red snapper curry, and creamy jerk chicken, both were excellent, and well presented.
Price reasonable too.
Nice atmosphere with Caribbean music,
Will definitely return when visiting Winchester again, probably in a weeks time !!!

1  Thank philmacklin
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I popped in with my husband on Good Friday (evening) for a couple of cocktails. It was very busy, which is to be expected on a Bank Holiday.... but oh my days.... do the bar staff know how to smile?? Every time I have been to the one in Southampton (which is a lot!), the staff are so friendly, positive, and attentive. The girls behind the bar in Winchester last night had looks that mirrored “Kevin and Perry”! No joke! Other people who were waiting also commented on this too.

I expected to have to wait longer for drinks, and I am totally understanding that Bank Holidays + 2-4-1 = waiting longer... but 40 minutes??? The only reason I did wait this long is because we had time to spare before getting a train home. When I finally got served, I asked for a tray to carry the drinks across to our table; the girl looked at me like I had just demanded one of her kidneys. Weird. Very weird.

It’s such a shame, as the location is great, and the restaurant area looked good..... but sadly, the bar staff have nothing on their Southampton buddies.

Taione M, General Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Emma,

firstly thank you for your feedback and many apologies for the lack of personal service we expect from all our staff in our restaurants - being busy is no excuse and I will ensure this is fed back to the team and is resolved.

Feel free to reply to my personal email so that I can get some more detail from you and offer a personal apology.

Taione.Masuwale@turtlebay.co.uk

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Overall a disappointing first meal at turtle bay, food was good, but waited a long time for our pre booked table, and the staff were not warm or friendly at all, towards the end they couldn't get us out of there quick enough, beware also of very watery cocktails! Did see one very happy Young guy serving tables, who looked as if he took his job seriously but the rest of the staff were miserable.

1  Thank Wintonian78
Reviewed 27 March 2018

As I've already said, the food was great, the staff were friendly and it's in a great location. However, there are some down-points - most notably the huge number of families with noisy children there on a Sunday lunch-time. It's interesting to see some of the other reviews about it seeming to be a nightclub - as the large, very American style lay-out seems to be the type of 'family style' places I've been to across the pond. I suppose it depends on what day of the week and time you go there. Anyway, although I don't like having screaming kids sitting nearby when I'm eating, the food was so tasty that I'll undoubtedly go back.

1  Thank Louise C
samviviani, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Louise!

I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit into our home in Winchester! As you know Sundays are a big family day out and I’m sorry your experience was dampened a little, if you ever come in on a Sunday again we can accommodate you to another table if you wish to move!

We hope to see you again soon!