All reviews key code on arrival jacuzzi bath enjoyed my stay cooked breakfast
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ok people, if you decide to stayhere then do not expect a five star experience. What you do get is more like calling up your favorite grandma and asking to stay the night. We were greeted late at night and shown to our very large comfortable room. The bedding is freshly laundered and smells lovely.
these are the plus points, the rest you shouldnt be so judgemental on as the landlady is so sweet and welcoming. However, here goes. The fittings and fixtures are a little worn and poorly maintained and you feel that maybe this place is getting a bit to much for her to keep on top of.

The water pressure isnt great so the shower and bath arent rewarding, the breakfast was fresh but simple. The cleaning needs attention but like i say, the friendliness of the staff makes you feel like your staying with your gran.
love it but could be better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jusanmius
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Have just stayed at the Hopbine for a short break we stayed 3 nights it's location is about 10 minutes drive into Hereford town centre. We stayed in room 9 it had a four poster bed and 2 single beds which can also be used as sofa's the room was spacious and warm but the bathroom was cold it had a towel warmer but did little to warm the room the shower took along time to get the hot water out and wasn't very powerful the spa bath took ages to fill but was very clean looks new we had a problem with the sink the whole mixer tap was loose but the speed with which they fixed it was amazing done by the time we got back. The breakfast room was a pleasant surroundings and good food and hot good service. We would certainly stay here again it was a good base for exploring

Room Tip: I think it doesn't really matter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie324569
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Big rooms but need to be as you will be sharing with moths, spiders and flies. Seriously, the building is surrounded with trees and shrubbery and its an old house, so keep windows closed.
Breakfast is yuk. Cheap enough though.
It wasnt close enough to city centre for my liking.

Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Jake F
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I was on a course locally and needed accommodation. The only rooms available were the family rooms but these were still cheaper than the surrounding accommodation.
The room was quite spacious, well heated and comforting.
Breakfast was timely and delicious.
All in all, I was made welcome from arrival to departure.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Skydoc0406
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in room 4 and had a great nights sleep.

The negatives -

The shower was hard to get the right temperature and had very low pressure.
I can imaging in more extreme weather that room temperature might be hard to control. Only a little heater on the wall and no air conditioning.
Low ceilings. My brother repeatedly hit his head in room 1
Could be easily missed (turn opposite the Mini show room)

The positives -

Reasonable Wi-Fi
Plenty of power sockets
New en-suite
Doors out to table and chairs
Nice breakfast

All in all a decent stay for a good price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family