“Fantastic mussels...”

Chapman's Seafood Bar & Brasserie
Ranked #17 of 385 Restaurants in Canterbury
Price range: US$12 - US$55
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the picturesque area of St Dunstans, Chapman's Seafood Bar & Brasserie offers a fresh, honest selection of the region's finest catches. Optimising freshness and sustainability, Chapman's is the only restaurant owned by the fish wholesalers. In the bright, crisp dining room filled with whitewashed surfaces and solid beams, favourite delicacies include lobster, crab, mussels and oysters. One of the few independent restaurants in Canterbury.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

...and that was just the starter. I opted for good old fish and chips as my main course, and regretted nothing.This restaurant is beautifully located, very good value for money, and friendly to boot. I'll be back...

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was surprised to see some negative reviews for Chapman's. we have always found it to be really good, the service is excellent and the fish is really fresh. Tonight we had several oysters then a rondue and the fish could not have been fresher, it was superb. The waitress is a credit to Chapman's and we were well looked after by her, we had a very good rapport. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I was visiting my daughter in Canterbury and wanted to treat us both to a special meal. I spotted a Groupon voucher for a fish rondue at Chapman's. Since we both enjoy fish, l decided to give it a go. The restaurant was very busy over the period l was visiting but the communication was excellent and we were accommodated. On arrival we found a great atmosphere, and the service was really good - very relaxed - no pressure, but there when needed. My daughter and l loved the rondue - lots of different fish to be cooked by ourselves at the table on a hotplate. The meal is completed with a very good bowl of salad, a selection of vegetables to cook, and a bowl of french fries each. It wasn't just a meal - it was a culinary experience - at least it was for us!! We didn't need puddings - but having seen some served, we could not resist. All l can say is that they were well worth the calories!! I recommend Chapman's highly and look forward to returning next time l visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent fresh fish prices were not expensive and amazing service great

Fish tasted amazing nice clean and fresh tastes

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I visited Chapmans on a visit to Canterbury because I was looking for a quality seafood restaurant. Unfortunately I found an average fish and chip shop at restaurant prices.
The range of beer was limited the quality of the seafood was average at best.
Had better at a pub and shortly before we were served the establishment filled with the smell of old over used fat so it was no surprise when the chips looked and tasted like they had been cooked in fat that was passed its reasonable use.
Tag said the waiting Staff we’re attentive and welcoming.
But will not going back