“Light Lunch on new years day”

Carluccio's - Tunbridge Wells
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Popped in for lunch on new years day , tasty favourite of spaghetti carbonara and a glass of red for me and a lovely chicken saltimbocca for my wife , perfect with service to match from Hannah , thanks

Jon M, Manager at Carluccio's - Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Saint E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We are delighted you both enjoyed your meal. I have passed on your compliments to our kitchen team and also Hannah!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Having spent a fun hour ice skating we wanted somewhere to warm up, replenish and feed the kids. Having been in the past to not hugely satisfactory dishes we took another stab. Sadly yet again very disappointing. Three out our four adult mains were either cold, burnt, dry or severely undercooked. When replaced they were still as poor as the previous attempt. To give them their due though all mains were removed from the bill along with our wine. The manager dealt with the situation efficiently and with a smile that was appreciated. However, that said we will not be returning and would not recommend.

Jon M, Manager at Carluccio's - Tunbridge Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Tiddles1209,

I am disappointed to read your review regarding the standard of meals served to you and your party. as a restaurant we pride ourselves with serving delicious meals, perfectly cooked. I can assure you that what you describe is not out usual standard and it would appear something went wrong on this particular occasion.

I would very much appreciate if you could contact me on tunbridgewells@Carluccios.com with your contact phone number and a time that is suitable to call.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Was really looking forward to visiting as it had been a while. Staff friendly and attentive. Main dish was small (like a kids portion) unseasoned and flavourless!!
Really disappointed as could always rely on a good meal here normally :(

Dear libbz18,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disheartened to read your portion size and flavour was not up to our usual standard. As always, we appreciate if any issues are brought to the attention of the manager on duty on time so we may ensure you leave happy and full...

I do hope we see you again in the near future so we may restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Dropped in yesterday for an impromptu late lunch with my partner. The place was packed. It was the first time I had been here despite living in TW for over 15 years. I went for the tortellini filled with squash and she went for the spaghetti carbonara. Both very good and even better washed down with a couple of beers. The olives we had as nibbles were superb. Good service and very reasonably priced indeed. We will be coming back - and much sooner than 15 years

Dear jtaylorx,

I am delighted to read that you've finally visited us after 15 years and you thoroughly enjoyed your experience.

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back again sooner rather than later!

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I am a little cynical about chain restaurants but Carluccio`s delivered & was not expensive. I had Arancini followed by Chicken Saltimbocca & both dishes were very tasty. Our party of 8 all enjoyed their meals, the service was professional, much to recommend.

Dear Neil H.

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted that yourself and the whole party enjoyed our food and service and thank you for your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.