“Tasty breakfast”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 January 2018

What a lovely place to have breakfast. Fantastic coffee and great menu choices. I had the quinoa and ham hock hash with spicy poached eggs and greek yoghurt. My husband had the Mexican style scrambled eggs with chorizo which he really enjoyed.

We popped in on a busy Saturday morning just before Christmas. The place was packed but we did manage to get a table quite quickly. However the food took a good 40 minutes to arrive and drinks were forgotten. All can be forgiven due to the good food and coffee. Would definitely come back hopefully, on a quieter morning.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

If you need a good breakfast, this is one of the best. If you need an english breakfast dont go there they dont do it. But if you need small refreshing breaky, well this is the place. A bit pricey but this is good stuff.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

It was our first visit together in the area and I'd thought we'd take advantage of having a late brekkie / brunch in the area. My boyfriend fancied a fry up but to his disappointment they didn't do one. However their coffee here is superb. My boyfriend had the eggs benedict and I had the eggs florentine. But went down well. Service is great too. Tables are cramped together. But the place is definitely worth the effort if you want a great breakfast /brunch. Reasonable prices too.

2  Thank Saintlysinner
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I visit the black dog on a daily basis for my coffee due to the outstanding taste. If you are a true coffee lover then you will enjoy and appreciate what they do. Valentina is great she is always smiling and a great FOH!!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

There is a really nice menu here and the food is very tasty. A great location in Camden Road, as near all the shops, so a great place to stop if you need refuelling. Nice atmosphere and was busy. The coffee was superb. I had the avocado and poached egg on sour-dough, which was perfect.
Waitress was very busy as was on her own, so a slight wait on my food but it didn’t bother me. She was very nice. You can part-see the kitchen, with chefs at work.
Nice ambience, will definitely come back.