“Excellent Italian Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We tried this restaurant last night for the first time - and were not disappointed. The staff were very welcoming and friendly - greeted us in Italian when we arrived. The staff were very attentive without being too "in your face" - I think they have it just right. They have a limited cocktail menu from which I chose the Belini - it was very good and I had a few more. The food was excellent and authentic - I had a seafood risotto as a starter and a veal dish for the main. There was a crepe suzette on the menu for desert - so I had this although I did think it was a strange offering to find on an Italian menu. The restaurant is not very big and the main seating is up 3 or 4 steps at the back - so I would suggest booking to avoid disappointment. Even though it was a Wednesday evening there were quite a few people in to eat which is very nice for them - but the tables are quite close together so on a busy evening it might be a bit close for comfort if you don't like to be seated/eating too close to other people. I'm not sure about access for mobility impaired customers. If you called ahead of your visit and explained this I'm sure you could get seating at the front - but the bathrooms are up the steps so I'm not sure how easy this would be. I thought the meal was very reasonably priced - but then this is always relative, some may think it is expensive and others may think it was "cheap". I thought it was very good for the location and would certainly go back again myself - therefore would recommend it to others, if you like Italian food, and what's not to like!!??

Reviewed 12 October 2017

A party of 9 of us enjoyed a wonderful mea last night. The fish dishes were so fresh & the pasta, the best I've tried in a long time. It was a warm & cosy atmosphere, traditionally decorated but with a real Italian feel & charm to it . They really looked after us and made our evening very special. I would highly recommend Don Giovanni , it's a great venue for every occasion.... Our thanks to you especially to Jason the owner.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We had a delicious meal and the staff went the extra mile to ensure it really was a celebratory meal. Thank you Don Giovanni!

1  Thank RosyEngland
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great little place for some wonderful Italian food. Been 4 times and thoroughly enjoyed the food each time.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal last Friday with a couple of friends. The food was delicious and the service amazing. We will definitely be going back soon!