“Overall enjoyable experience”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hull
Price range: US$18 - US$38
Description: The restaurant is the epitome of affordable glamour and sophistication, based in the newly built four star DoubleTree by Hilton in the city centre. To suit all tastes, the menu includes a mix of childhood favourites and modern day delicacies - ranging from Classic Prawn Cocktail and Shepherd's Pie, to Freshly Dressed Crab and a selection of 35-day aged native breed steaks.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Booked the restaurant and saw the article in the hull daily mail regarding bad reviews . We nearly cancelled and booked elsewhere But decided we'd still go and form our own opion . We had booked stable for early evening so the restaurant wasn't that busy . On arrival the staff were friendly . Good choice of starters , decided on the crab and calamari , portions were reasonable, steaks for mains . Both steaks were cooked as asked and came with fries . A couple of sides were ordered to make a decent portion , overall the food was good the service was attentive but not intrusive . A tad on the expensive side for the steaks but we expected that

Agnieszka S, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Gavin476,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you all enjoyed the food and found our staff to be friendly and attentive. Thank you for choosing to dine with us at MPW Hull! We hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a serious let down. All the staff seem to try their best, but they’re on edge - presumably because of so many complaints.

The food portions are tiny in comparison to anywhere else. A very expensive chateaubriand for 2 wouldn’t be enough to fill the average guy.

Quality of everything is awful.

And it’s more expensive or the same as some of the much better restaurants in the area.

Agnieszka S, General Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Seamus590,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that it is evident that the staff try their best as we at MPW Hull strive to achieve excellent service and deliver excellent food. However, I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the quality of the food and felt let down by the experience .I am very sorry that we fell short on your expectations. If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@mpwsteakhousehull.com.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I'd heard mixed reviews about the restaurant but was looking forward to going and kept an open mind. The restaurant was fairly busy but we were shown to our table straight away. I had the baked camembert and a burger. The food was okay but nothing to get excited about. The burger came with a pot of Heinz ketchup which I thought was a bit cheap looking. When you're paying higher than average prices you expect something extra special, I've had equally good food in pubs. If you order steak you have to pay £3.50 for a sauce which is part of the meal in my opinion, you then pay £3.50 for any sides which bumps the price up. The service was good and food was served quickly. The decor was okay but there's just no atmosphere, I didn't leave excited to go back for a second visit. It just felt very average.

Dear Tigerpirr,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you found the service to be good and that your food was served quickly during a busy time. I am however, disappointed that the food and atmosphere fell short on your expectations at MPW Hull and we apologise for this. Your feedback is important to us to keep improving our services and here at MPW Hull we aim to create a memorable experience for everyone and deliver delicious food in a relaxed, welcoming setting. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and give a different opinion about our services.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My daughter treated me to a meal here and I must say its definitely worth a visit! Finally a place in Hull where you can dine with class! It is more expensive than other restaurants in the area but i wouldn't say it was overpriced and the menu gives you options of meals at different prices.
The service was excellent and the staff were very professional and lovely, making us feel very welcome. I tried the American burger which was very tasty and very filling! unfortunately i was that full i didn't get chance to try any of the desserts but will definitely return again. My daughter was very happy with her steak and enjoyed the cocktails! We had a very pleasant experience and would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Keith W

Dear Keith W,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you experienced excellent service and found the staff to be professional and lovely. At MPW Hull it is important to us to always make our guests feel welcome and provide the best experience! I am happy that you and your daughter enjoyed the food and cocktails and hope upon your next visit you will try our amazing desserts! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Came to MPW Hull with my family to celebrate my birthday, we had such a wonderful experience! The table was decorated which was a very nice touch and I received a complimentary glass of prosecco with the staff wishing me a very happy birthday! The service was fantastic and our wonderful waitress Justyna was attentive all night.

The food was great! I had the pumpkin soup followed by the salmon steak which was delicious! my family had burgers and steaks which they were very happy with, my daughter said it was the best steak shes ever had. She had the fillet steak with mushroom sauce. The burger was cooked exceptionally well just as my husband loves it!

When our desserts arrived, mine had happy birthday written on the plate, another lovely touch! The MPW team really went above and beyond to make the night special. We would highly recommend this restaurant to all friends, family and readers of this review.

Thank you very much to all the staff at MPW!

Dear Josephine W,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience dining with us on your special day! I am pleased you found the service to be fantastic and that you all enjoyed the food. We always do our best to provide excellent experience to our guests. I will pass on your wonderful comments to Justyna and the staff, they will be delighted with your feedback.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future!