“What a Gem!”

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 19 February 2016

My daughter and I called in for lunch whilst shopping in Hessle and we were not disappointed. When we looked at the menu we were spoilt for choice. We both chose sandwiches, ham & stilton and coronation chicken which were served with salad, coleslaw and crisps. The presentation of our food was excellent and everything was very fresh and tasty.
A lovely coffee shop with very polite and friendly staff, light and extremely clean and excellent value for money. This was our first visit but we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

This is the second time we have been here and it is a lovely clean, airy , and friendly place.The food is very good, satisfying and served well. the staff are really friendly and helpful but the best part is the toilet, it is so clean and nice it makes you want to go again we will definitely return when we are in the area again , its well worth a try !!!

1!!!

Reviewed 10 February 2015

We spent an hour in here chit chatting and enjoying our huge cup of mocha . Probably the reason we spent so long in here was that the huge mugs of coffee lasted so long ! So good value for money .

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I would firstly like to say I am not a 'jealous rival', as the previous reviewer has suggested somebody is who submitted an unfavourable review. I am an honest customer, who visited this cafe in April this year with my 3 nephews aged 5, 7 & 9.
It was a cold day and we popped on here for a quick drink. I ordered a cup of tea. The boys wanted a glass of cordial each - which was priced on the menu at 50p a glass. When the person came to take our order, she asked if we wanted 'orange or blackcurrant' cordial. The boys said blackcurrant.
We had our drinks. My 9 year old nephew wanted to go and pay. I gave him the exact money. He came back and said 'the lady said it's not enough money'.
I went to the counter, and said that I had given him the right money for what we had had. I got told that 'blackcurrant is ��1 a glass'. I said that on the menu cordial was priced at 50p a glass. She said orange is 50p, blackcurrant is ��1'. Nowhere on the menu did it say that. It just said 'cordial 50p'. I couldn't believe this. What a rip off. No way were the watery glasses of blackcurrant worth ��3. Totally and unnecessarily overpriced. I paid the money, and we left. I will never go into this place again. The place next door is much nicer (East Riding rooms).

4  Thank Tina2603
19Chelsey92, Waitress/ Company Promoter at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Hi there I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you as the cordials are as you say 50p on the menu regardless to weather it's orange or blackcurrent I do apologise on behalf of our staff members for the mistake made in April and sorry for the delayed reply as we have only just got back on trip advisor after cindy has left. We do hope the mistake made on that day dosen't stop you from coming in again as we value our customers.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

If you want a laid back cuppa and a slice of homemade cake in a relaxed 'home from home' atmosphere then Coffee Bean is the place for you. Cindy who runs the shop knows near enough everyone who comes in by name and always goes out of her way to please the customers. Her food is gorgeous and her baking is out of this world! Especially her famous scones! I could be accused of being bias with her being my mother in law but ask anyone of her 100's of regular customers who visit every week! I wouldn't take any notice of the 1 bad review on here. Probably coming from a jealous rival! ;)