“Pretty Standard”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited for Lunch with a friend, We both had pasta dishes and both of us enjoyed our food. the service was quite quick and the food wasn't too pricey, wan't a groundbreaking italian/American dining experience but it certainly wasn't a poor one either

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We've been to F&B many times and always had fantastic food and fantastic service. Unfortunately, our most recent visit fell way short of this standard. The food was ok (not awful but not as good as it has been on previous visits) but what was really poor was the service. After finishing our meals we asked for the desert menu. After waiting half an hour we approached the table where all the servers were sat around talking to ask for our order to be taken. We then waited a further 45 minutes to be delivered an incorrect item (the rest of the order still nowhere to be seen). We cancelled the order and explained our frustration to the waitress who said 'I don't know what to say other than I hope its better next time'. We complained online and after waiting 2 weeks for a reply were told our comments had been passed on to the management team. Such a shame because this was always a nice easy choice of restaurant with good food and good service. Won't be returning

1  Thank Liam B
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Me and my partner ate here last Saturday night. We booked a table for 7.30 after having rang up a couple of hours before, (I was told I was pushing it a bit)

The young gentleman (Callum as says on the receipt) was very friendly to us.

We have a Tastecard so were able to have 2 for 1 on starters and 2 for 1 on mains. My starter was the double dipped dough balls. They were stale and well done, I left them and asked our waiter if I could return them. I was allowed to order another starter, so I chose the Caprese (£4.25). Not possible to go wrong really with mozzarella, tomato and balsamic. It was tasty. The waiter was apologetic that my starter wasn't edible.

My main was the meatball deluxe pizza (£9.45) I also bought a side of coleslaw. My partner had the half rack of BBQ ribs (£11.45) Fortunately there were no issues with my main.

I also had 3 cocktails throughout the evening, the Rocket Lolly (£4.95), the Passionate Peach (£5.95) and the Salted Caramel Martini (£6.95) (this one was particularly nice)

It wasn't until I got home that I realised I had been charged for the Caprese when I shouldn't have. It was showing once as part of the 2 for 1 starters, I paid for the BBQ wings at £5.95 as they were the most expensive, and it showed again as a separate starter at the price of £4.25. When the bill was presented to myself, the gentleman didn't leave it with me as usually happens, (the waiter usually comes back in a few minutes) he stood there while I looked at the receipt and confirmed to him everything was okay. If I had more time and he wasn't stood over me I would have picked up on this! I felt rushed.

I went on Frankie and Benny's website and filled in a form to complain about being charged for the starter and I also mentioned the stale doughballs. A few days later, I got a response back with an apology and a £10 voucher. I will use the voucher but at the other Frankie and Benny's in Hull, not this one.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I ordered the Meatballs and whilst they were flavourful and spicy, they were too dry and there was no sauce to speak of and I could have prepared the dish better at home. Not what you expect from a night out to celebrate a birthday. F&B’s as a chain have enticing offers to get you through the door but on this occasion the execution of the food was enough to say no to a return visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

After visiting on a Monday evening with very few customers we were extremely disappointed. The service was not too bad but could have been better but the time we had to wait between courses and the food itself left a lot to be desired.