“Dinner with family ”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Met family here for dinner around 3pm , was quiet when we first arrived then soon got busy. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Food was excellent I recommend the chicken skewers, came out on a sizzling plate which was impressive for a local pub.

Darley's H, General Manager at Darley's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for your review. We hope that others will enjoy your recommendations.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

My wife & I visited here at 6 pm on the 10/03/18. I ordered the mega mixed grill & my wife opted for the chicken skewers.The table was sticky & nobody came to clean it before our food arrived. The food arrived after 30 mins . The sausages were dried up & I couldn't get my fork in let alone cut with a steak knife, The steak was like leather & the chicken overcooked & dried out, without going on too much the rest wasn't that much better & I will say that this is the worst mixed grill I have ever had. My wife's chicken skewers were well under cooked & didn't look very appetizing either. The chef if you can call them a chef should be ashamed of sending food out like this. We use to go here quite a lot & have big family Birthday celebrations but unfortunately we shall never be returning as this place has really gone down hill. We do not recommend this place for a meal.

2  Thank equalizers
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Had a all day breakfast was rubbish.. had no butter in so they went out to shops to bring me some when my toast was freezing cold, wont be eating again here anytime soon.

1  Thank caraatkinson
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Went to a wake here today. Only been in half an hour, there were no plates left and very little food to put on them anyway. The sandwiches had very little filling and the bread was dry. Nothing else left and there were lots of people did not get any food at all. The staff all looked extremely miserable. Would ever come for a meal here now. Not worth even one star. Sorry.

2  Thank Pat P
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We have eaten at Darleys as a family many times but this was the first time since the recent improvements.
It looks really great ,so fresh.
This has taken nothing from the quality of food, still as good as always with a few new dishes on the menu.
Although it was very busy being a Sunday our food arrived quite quickly, friendly staff, good service all round.

2  Thank moses_11