We recently stayed in this very modern b&b were the staff were very friendly and helpful. Although we had a ground floor room, because the hotel is high above the roadside we had a lovely view over the lake. The room was large and bright and had all the amenities you need like hairdryer, iron, tea/coffee facilities. The breakfast was buffet style and had an extensive choice of food and fruit juices and you could also order salmon and scrambled eggs which i highly recommend.
It is only a short walk into Ambleside which has a wide variety of restaurants and bars offering plenty of choice to dine out.
The hotel is in an ideal spot to tour all the surrounding countryside either by car, or on foot if you enjoy walking.
This trip was booked by our children and their partners as a surprise for us and I have to say we could not have picked better ourselves and we will definately stay here again when we return to the area again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run country house has spectacular views across Waterhead Bay, Windermere Loughrigg Fell and the Langdale Peaks as well as offering stylish, modern and luxurious accommodation. With its country house atmosphere combined with stylish decor and modern luxury touches, not to mention its eighteen gorgeous bedrooms and wonderful raised vistas, Lake House is a perfect place to stay and make your own. Come together in the large, light dining and living area with stunning lake views, or find your own space to relax and escape on one of the lovely reading landings or from the privacy of your large bedroom. Lake House manages to combine grandeur and intimacy in private surroundings for all occasions. Please note, due to the relaxing nature of the building rooms are not suitable for children.Each of the 18 bedrooms are decorated and fitted to the highest standards, all en-suite with TV with DVD, CD players and tea/coffee making facilities. Some superior rooms feature four poster beds and have the best views over Lake Windermere.Traditional Lakeland breakfast is served in the dining room with an array of continental breads, cereals and fruit with wonderful lake and mountain views. Full English is set out for you to help yourself and there are trays for you to take it all up to your room if you so wish - breakfast in bed do it yourself style!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAE Travel Pte Ltd and Agoda so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Ambleside
- Lake House Ambleside, Lake District