“Superb food! Best desert menu I’ve seen! ”
Review of Lucy's on a plate

Lucy's on a plate
Ranked #24 of 126 Restaurants in Ambleside
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: OPENING HOURS FROM 5PM LAST ORDERS 9.30PM Lucy's on a plate has been operational now for over 25 years and offers a unique and quirky dining experience - everchanging but the ethos remaining the same - catering for a variety of different palates - especially popular for the range of gluten free dishes and delicious desserts ... over 30 desserts made on the premises from Borrowdale Sticky Banana Pudding through to Apple and Almond Eve's Pudding as well as innovative and inventive temptations such as Toffee Vodka Cheesecake and Sorbet Sparklers. Ensure you book for the evening menu and you could find yourself mentioned in dispatches-great for birthdays and special occasions - there's a lovely large table for bigger groups (up to 16) and special celebrations are most welcome. Exclusive use with bespoke menus for weddings and suchlike is also a possibility and parties are managed expertly, without destroying the romantic ambience in other parts of the restaurant. The menu is typed daily
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had three courses here all of which were fantastic. The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is great but the star is the desert options! At least 20 different desert choices

Write a ReviewReviews (2,316)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We visited the Lakes for a family weekend away to celebrate my daughters 18th birthday. As part of the celebrations Lucy provided the evening meal on the Saturday. I booked the catering online and crossed my fingers it would be ok having not sampled any of their food before. To say we weren’t disappointed is an understatement. It was fantastic. To finalise the three course meal I had a very brief telephone conversation with Lucy and agreed what we’d have for the three courses. The food was prepared in the cottage and served by a fantastic lady, who’s name escapes me, and everything was cleared up so we had literally nothing to do! Every piece of food was beautifully cooked and presented and delicious !! I’d highly recommend Lucy’s for any catering you need. Not only did Lucy provided first class food but was also able to provide table linen, birthday cakes and decorations at a very reasonable price, she even supplied printed personalised menus for the table. We’re definitely going to visit the resturant when we’re next in Ambleside and won’t hesitate to book Lucy for any other special occasion we celebrate in the Lakes. Thanks Lucy!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

A welcoming environment, interesting menu and wine list. Staff were pleasant and efficient. My ribeye steak was tender, cooked just as I wanted, but bland. When I was asked how my food was I said that the steak was fairly tasteless, and the demeanour of the staff changed from friendly to cool. If you ask for feedback then presumably you can’t always expect effusive praise. Their attitude rather took the edge of an otherwise pleasant meal.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We were taken by my Husbands parents to Lucy’s during a weekend break to the Lakes, they had visited multiple times before and raved about it – we were not disappointed! The restaurant itself had a lovely atmosphere, very friendly and welcoming but equally very busy, with people hanging by the bar drinking their extensive range of drinks on offer which included a great Gin selection. When shown to our table the menu made excellent reading with a hugely personal touch detailing which is a nice surprise to read. The descriptions on the menu match the taste perfectly and you will not be disappointed. I opted for the Bambi in the Pink and it was delicious. Go to Lucy’s this is my new favourite and I cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Ate here on a Sunday evening. It was quite quiet but enough folk in to be a nice atmosphere. Good service and as ever, great food. We shared houmous and breads and main courses of roast beef Sunday dinner and a salmon dish. Shared a pudding. Couple of glasses of wine / gin - all for just under £70. always worth a visit when in the area.