US$144
Oak Bank Hotel(Grasmere)
US$137
US$186
US$115
YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe(Grasmere)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa(Grasmere)
US$201
US$105
Dunmail House(Grasmere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgrasmere lakeyogurt and fresh fruitminute walkbooks and gamesroom was very clean and comfortablecumberland sausagegreat hostsfull englishbreakfast was deliciouspowerful showerexcellent locationb and bwilliam wordsworthlovely loungedove cottagemain roada lovely place to stay
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I had a single room en suite - not large but not small either - quite adequate - as was the shower room. Trees obscure much of the lake in any case - if this is important to you check when booking. Angela was extremely helpful and made me feel welcome in what is an old but comfortable "small hotel".. It was 15 mins walk into town for supper - but it is a pleasant enough walk despite being along the roadside.

Breakfast was very good and WiFi was a useful facility for me. There's a very spacious visitors' lounge too where you really can relax, Definitely one of the top 3 stopovers on my 14 day Coast to Coast walk and nothing to fault,

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2011

coast to coasters should bear in mind- this is quite a way off the route. at the end of the day you just don't want to walk the extra 20 mins. Having said that- if I had known just how helpful and accommodating the owners are, I wouldn't have hesitated to just ring them from the pub and ask for a lift ( they gave me a lift into the village that night to eat, and also took me back to the start of the walk the next morning too). The room we had was tiny. with a very strange bathroom arrangement. absolutely nowhere to put any luggage. That said it is right on the lake side so we had a lovely view. Breakfast was nice, and again the owners showed that nothing was too much trouble. probably wouldn't stay here again- maybe i just demand more space!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2011

A lovely location in walking distance of Grasmere. Wonderful breakfast. Room clean but spartan. No TV, no towels, no soap, no double glazing, beautiful view, duvet v heavy for summer. Extractor fan in bathroom v loud. Owners very friendly indeed, plenty of parking. Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011
banerigg, Owner at Banerigg Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

I can only say I am so very sorry that this guest did n't have our usual supply of soap and towels for his visit. It was an oversight on my part and completely my fault. I just wish he had mentioned it while he was here. I have had many queries about towels since this review was posted so please can I just say that we do supply fresh towels daily plus............. swimming towels for those who are brave enough to head into the lake with Martin and even old towels for your dog.

Reviewed 18 June 2011

We would highly recommend Banerigg on the shore of Grasmere near Grasmere village where there is an excellent selection of sandwich shops,tea rooms, pubs and restaurants. The house is very comfortable, attractive and lovely fell walks high and low are possible from the guest house or by using local buses (bus passes are accepted !!!) The welcome and breakfasts are exceptional .We keep coming back with friends or with grandchildren.
Rosemary and Bill

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Comfortable accommodation. Warm welcome. Nothing too much trouble. What more could you want from a b & b?
A very enjoyable stay.