US$185
US$172
US$168
Priceline
US$130
YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe(Grasmere)(Great Value!)
US$75
Book now, pay at stay
US$103
US$131
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrasmere lakeyogurt and fresh fruitminute walkbooks and gamesroom was very clean and comfortablecumberland sausagegreat hostsfull englishbreakfast was deliciouspowerful showerexcellent locationb and bwilliam wordsworthlovely loungedove cottagemain roada lovely place to stay
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Since my last review I have stayed twice more at Banerigg Guest House. The situation, immediately opposite Grasmere lake, is stunning. The room had a beautiful lake view and was tastefully decorated and furnished with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious, scrupulously clean and everything worked perfectly. The breakfasts were amazing: not just the cooked food, but also the large quantities of fresh fruit salad and Angela's lovely fruity 'muesli trifle', not to mention Martin's home made jam. Most of all Angela and Martin, as always, went to any lengths to respond to the needs of their guests and provide individually tailored help and advice. Nothing was too much trouble.

1  Thank JayPeakDistrict
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Nothing is too much trouble they are very accommodating and do their best to help.
After the initial shock of no tv anywhere I actually found it to be a blessing - the house was nice and quiet! We also had the opportunity to talk, play games and speak with the other guests, something which wouldn't have happened if the tv was on in the room!
Great power shower and the rooms were spotlessly clean with a lovely view of the lake. The walk into town was pleasant and the breakfast was very nice too!

1  Thank H0tCr0ssBun
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Parking was nice and easy, plenty of space and we could park the car straight outside below our window every day.

The welcome and general hospitality was possibly the best we have ever experienced at a B&B/hotel. A genuine interest is shown in guests and their needs.

Most of the rooms do boast a wonderful lakeside view - yes OK that is with the A591 passing by as well but that didn't spoil the scenery for us (road noise might be an issue for people who struggle to sleep and want an early night)

The room was very clean but fairly basic - the notable omissions for me were no TV or coffee in the room (there is a central tea/coffee point outside the rooms) although first thing on arrival we were offered a pot of coffee, tea and biscuits.

There was no TV in the lounge either - normally this wouldn't be a problem for us at all however it just so happened that our stay was during the riots that were taking place in various cities so we were trying to keep up with the news a bit.

What the lounge did boast however was plenty of books, puzzles, board games, lego for the kids and a fully working and well tuned piano!

Back to the bedroom, the shower was excellent. Proper power shower with plenty of pressure behind it and thermostatically controlled. I thought the bed seemed a little bit springy for my liking however I am used to a 'memory mattress' so that might just have been the shock of returning back to a sprung mattress.

And then we come to mention breakfast, an area where this place absolutely excels. Very filling! Generous helpings and really nice food, couldn't fault it and plus I got 4 cups of coffee out of my coffee pot!

All in all a very pleasant stay and great location - most people are quoting a 15mins walk into town however the walk did not seem that far to me.

1  Thank synthunter
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I had a single room en suite - not large but not small either - quite adequate - as was the shower room. Trees obscure much of the lake in any case - if this is important to you check when booking. Angela was extremely helpful and made me feel welcome in what is an old but comfortable "small hotel".. It was 15 mins walk into town for supper - but it is a pleasant enough walk despite being along the roadside.

Breakfast was very good and WiFi was a useful facility for me. There's a very spacious visitors' lounge too where you really can relax, Definitely one of the top 3 stopovers on my 14 day Coast to Coast walk and nothing to fault,

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2011

coast to coasters should bear in mind- this is quite a way off the route. at the end of the day you just don't want to walk the extra 20 mins. Having said that- if I had known just how helpful and accommodating the owners are, I wouldn't have hesitated to just ring them from the pub and ask for a lift ( they gave me a lift into the village that night to eat, and also took me back to the start of the walk the next morning too). The room we had was tiny. with a very strange bathroom arrangement. absolutely nowhere to put any luggage. That said it is right on the lake side so we had a lovely view. Breakfast was nice, and again the owners showed that nothing was too much trouble. probably wouldn't stay here again- maybe i just demand more space!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple