Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing night time go ape

I took 3 children to do the sundown adventure at Grizedale forest for Halloween night. What a... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2020
Freedom603109
Good activity day out with pre/early teen children.

Good day out here. We did the Tree Top Challenge. The zip lines are long and high, exciting and... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2020
J3935OSalexs

Recommended experiences in and around Hawkshead
from US$101.61
from US$108.57
from US$417.59
from US$167.04
More Info
All reviews zip wire tree top adventure great fun tarzan swing safety briefing trekking adventure treetop challenge fear of heights segway experience own pace year olds great afternoon car park lake district wires trees harness
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

Go Ape Grizedale was an awesome experience and I would highly recommend it to everyone. The staff were brilliant - informative, enthusiastic and down to earth. The experience itself was more exhilarating than I have psyched myself up for and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was great value for money and we will definitely be returning to Go Ape in the future.

1  Thank Hammy_33
Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

We visited here on bank holiday Monday and had booked online in advance, which I’m please we did as the weather was glorious and the wood/park was super busy so I don’t think we would of managed to get booked on.
On arrival we were greeted by a lovely friendly member of staff who checked us in and got us to sign our waivers.
We then proceeded outside to be fitted with a harness and go through safety and do the trial clip on and off exercise. Again we had if I remember correctly Viking as our instructor who was friendly and helpful. We then moved onto the trial go we’re the whole group had a go and then you just set off on your own. There is a total of 6 stations on this go ape.
As a family we enjoyed this experience and this is our 3rd go ape visit and would recommend if your in the area.
They also do a zip wire experience here but this is £55 each on top of the tree top adventure we had already paid for and when there is 5 of us works out pricey. But we hope to return next year and do this.

Reviewed 28 April 2019 via mobile

Came for a day out during our stay at Ambleside and we had such a laugh. Would definitely recommend for a family with children or adults looking for a good time.

Reviewed 27 April 2019

Team Sophie C fan club members for life! Unforgettable experience on the tree top challenge. None of us are overly keen on heights but with the guidance of our illustrious leader we triumphed! One day we shall return! Richard 'The Legend', Tilly 'Team GB Darts' and Geroge 'The Fearless'.

Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

So the kids decided it was time for mum to go on the course with them, which was great except mum gets scared on spiral staircases! I am so glad I put my brave pants on! We had a great time with the brilliant Sophie and her super team who were all really friendly and encouraging. The cheer when I landed on my feet on my last zipwire was possibly one of the best moments of my actual life :D Lovely cakes for the fundraiser in the main cabin too and an unexpectedly brilliant cafe for dinner too! Thank you everyone! We’ll definitely be back for the Adventure Plus...