“Lovely cosy hidden gem!”
Review of Yard 46

Yard 46
Ranked #33 of 163 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: Charming courtyard cafe, oozing with historic character, serving a modern light cafe menu. The cafe also boasts a wood fired oven, serving sourdough pizza on selected evenings.
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This charming little cafe is right in the centre of Kendal but because it's tucked away down a little alleyway it feels secret and secluded. Think old beams, the smell of fresh coffee, open fires and a pretty courtyard setting. The new owners are passionate and this is obvious the minute you enter the building. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, the menu is exciting and well thought out and the overall vibe is that they genuinely want you to enjoy your visit. With this attitude and the great coffee and food on offer, this place will do well and we will be back!

1  Thank Emma T

Reviewed 20 October 2017

This hidden away gem is the perfect spot if you want a decent cup of coffee. Yes Kendal has the usual chain coffee houses but nothing compares to this hot cup of Joe. As a regular visitor to the US I take my coffee seriously but it doesn't end there. My recent journey saw me away for 8 weeks and upon my return I wanted a decent full english. When my friend suggested here I was a little upset when the menu did not offer my required Holy Grail. However, when I received my Breakfast Bap with Bacon, Black Pudding, Hash Brown and a Duck Egg I need not have worried. To top it off it came with a home made chutney that just set the whole thing apart from any other Breakfast Bap. It is under new management and the atmosphere and the look they are going for is spot on. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank DJBookaT
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Fabulous, fabulous and fabulous..... Absolutely gorgeous building, and the décor is very subtle. The staff are lovely, and nothing is too much trouble. Great menu and the food was amazing - good portions of very tasty food at a good price, and all washed down with possibly the best coffee I have ever tasted!!! Think I've found my fave coffee house ever!!!!

1  Thank Louise K
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and tasteful food served in a cozy and vintage decorated place. We found the place by chance and we immediately fell in love with it. Hand-made cakes were delicious. The service was quick and very friendly.

2  Thank N_LS5
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Under new management & tastefully refurbished in keeping with the age of the building.
The staff are welcoming & relaxed catering for pets and a boisterous 3 year old at the 'coloring table'
The food is homemade, well presented & delicious...I can recommend their signature dish the pulled pork bun with slaw "the Boston butt".
The cakes are heavenly & distracted my wife from a very expensive shopping spree. The bill was not an unpleasant experience.