“Best Lunch Menu Ever”
Review of Yard 46

Yard 46
Ranked #45 of 160 Restaurants in Kendal
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: Charming courtyard cafe, oozing with historic character, serving a modern light cafe menu. The cafe also boasts a wood fired oven, serving sourdough pizza on selected evenings.
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I love it when I find a menu that is short (often meaning everything made to order and done well) but everything on it is enticing.
I had the chorizo and halloumi salad which was a joy and my wife had the poached eggs in gruyere cheese sauce. Both brilliant.
Staff were lovely and even the facilities are really nice.
Great bread, great coffee, great place.
If I see a single bad review of this place I will feel sad about all of humankind.

James T, Owner at Yard 46, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we really love the feedback, and we thrive off people enjoying our cafe, we are very proud. Your last comment really tickled us, it's a comment we often mention to friends and family, thanks once again, and look forward to you coming back. James and Sabina

Reviewed 28 March 2018

After recently moving to Kendal I was hoping for an lovely independent café with great brunch options as well as a good coffee. My boyfriend is a fussy coffee drinker! We both love the food and he's beyond pleased with a quality pour over coffee. We will become regulars I'm sure!

James T, Owner at Yard 46, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again. James and Sabina

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I really can't be positive enough about Yard 46, everything is great! A warm and friendly welcome from Sabina and her team, excellent food at a reasonable price, great coffee and cakes to die for. All around excellent! If you're looking for somewhere to eat in Kendal you can't go wrong here.

James T, Owner at Yard 46, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

It's taken us a while to get round to responding to reviews, but just wanted to say, thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and a lovely review it is. Look forward to seeing you again soon. James, Sabina and team

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch. Enjoyed homemade soup and sourdough bread. My husband had the breakfast ciabatta. Both were outstanding. We treated ourselves to cake...delicious. The service was quick and friendly. Perfect for a light lunch or coffee and cake. Looking forward to summer so we can enjoy the patio.

James T, Owner at Yard 46, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it, we're a little slow on responding to reviews, but just to let you know that we are really enjoying the outside space, we've had a few evening events where the pizza oven has been in full flow, and we've had a number of people use our outside space. Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We visited Kendal on chilly March day. We where looking for somewhere to have lunch that was dog friendky and came across a sign for yard 46. What a delight both us and the dog where given a warm welcome . Literally a lovely real fire easy burning nicely. A beautiful menu choice for both food and drink. We ordered garlic mushrooms and my husband had a smoked mackerel brioche together with an earl grey tea and a fruit tea. The atmosphere was friendly but not intrusive.
Our food arrived and it was amazing the mushrooms where one of the best I have tasted and the homemade bread was delicious. The mackerel was fresh and tasty. We had a lovely time and will certainly call again when we are in Kendal.

1  Thank Beaucottage