“Always Amazing”

India Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 164 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ideal for romantic meal and business meating or family meal, we cater for partys for birthdays wedding
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We love eating at India after a busy week. The food is amazing and Aki took really good care of us. We miss Jay but Im sure he will be around again one day. The food is a must and we will be back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We dropped in as a family of 5 (2 smaller kids) as we were passing and looking for somewhere to eat.

They were very accommodating even though we called and booked only 20 minutes before arriving.

Food was great, very fresh and tasty!

On warmer side spice wise but really good food

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I've certainly eaten worse curries and there were no ill effects the next day.
The curry lacked fresh ingredients and was loaded with whole spices, beware. The menu lists dishes as either"chicken" or "meat".....I hope the meat was lamb, though it was hard to tell.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were literally passing through, staying in Kendal only one night. We'd had a walk around, been to a few bars, then had to pass this restaurant on the way back to our guest house. We had a drink while looking at the menu and trying to make a choice. We settled on the mixed sharing platter for two, which was really good and pretty generous too. My wife had her usual chicken sagwala which was great, and liking spicy, I went for their Ghandi special chicken, which I was informed (read warned!) was quite hot. Well, what can I say, it was mind blowing! On a different level! Made my head sweat and my vision to blur. Absolutely stunning!!! Not just hot, but really tasty too. One of the best curries I've ever had, and believe me I'm no amateur.
If you like hot, and I'm not joking here, this will test you, it really will.
Great food, great service, and sensible prices too. Faultless.
I wish we could come back one day soon.

1  Thank torino390
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Visited India for the first time since 2013, the food was lovely and full of flavour and definitely didn't disappoint. We originally stopped visiting as we had a few occasions where the meat in the curries wasn't cooked properly, I'm really glad this has been improved!