“What has happened ?”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Have been visiting the lakes for 18 years and lake road inn has always been a favourite and usually our first night haunt. Something has changed with the menu for the worse and we cannot see us visiting again this year. Big stodgy pizza and a beef pie which was of chip shop quality. Sorry!

2  Thank Lorraine P

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Like the previous reviewer I went for the 'Steak & Ale Pie', the pie itself looked great when it arrived at the table and that's when it all started to go down hill. When I cut into the pie I found two pieces of meat, seven little onions and the rest was thick gravy. The first piece of meat that I tried was so chewy I had to spit it out and the second piece was just a lump of gristle, even the so called roasted vegetables that accompanied the pie weren't cooked through, there was no way that I was going to eat this meal so I asked for someone from the kitchen to come and examine the pie, when the chef/cook came out he said that they buy the pies in and offered me another one, but I declined and opted for a pizza instead, then when it arrived I found out that it was a "Stuffed Crust - Chicago Town Pizza' identical to the ones that you can buy from your local supermarket for £2. I personally believe that the majority of food served in this establishment comes straight out of the freezer as I only found one meal on the menu that stated that it was 'Home Made'. We will definitely not cross their door again in the future and I would would strongly recommend other diners not to eat there.

3  Thank JOHNTY49
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I never give reviews but make an exception for this place. Steak and ale pie... inedible. Worst meal I have ever had. Pie contained 3 tiny pieces of meat, one of which was just gristle, flecks of mushroom and awash with gravy, oven chips and sparse veg. I shall not be returning

4  Thank Sian2602
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Ate there on saturday lunchtime and was very dissapointed the balti chicken was very poor and distinctly lacking in actual chicken (3 pieces the size of my thumb nail ) we left dissapointed to say the least and will not eat there again !!!

1  Thank loftelite
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I came in with my partner we live in town but never had the time to go, so we stopped in for lunch and it was amazing he had the scampi and he loved it and I had the lasagne which was magnificent! Would recommend 100%, girl behind the bar was really nice and friendly, lovely atmosphere! Overall very impressed