“Best scones - MASSIVE sausage rolls and amazing hot chocolate!”
Review of Laura in the Lakes

Laura in the Lakes
Ranked #39 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Whilst wandering around Keswick with my partner, my sister and her partner we decided to pop in for lunch.

My partner had a salted caramel hot chocolate that immediately I had drink envy over - it looked amazing! With pieces of fudge and caramel tumbling down from the cream. Yum!

I had a cheese scone with a homemade parsnip and bacon soup. The cheese scone was huge! And easily one of the best I've ever tasted. The soup was really good too, albeit lacking in bacon. My eyes were certainly bigger than my stomach when I ordered the sausage roll. The size of these are unbelievable - the sausage meat inside to die for!

It was also very affordable - so all in all I'd recommend! Its nice to see homemade food in the midst of busy tourist towns.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We has a great breakfast which was not too expensive. Sat outside and they out the heaters on for us. The staff were very welcoming.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Called in for hot chocolate while we were having a walk round Keswick on a sunny Saturday. Cakes and hot food on display looked very inviting. Hot choc was delicious, will visit for food one of the days.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Went for breakfast. £6.95 for full English. Well cooked, hot plates, brown and white toast. Speedy service. Lovely atmosphere, cafe clean and attractive. Scones looked good too!

A TripAdvisor Member
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We regularly visit Laura in the Lakes when we are in Keswick. There is always a great choice of sandwiches, soups and cakes with hot and cold drinks to accompany them. We love sitting outside watching the world go by on Keswick market square