“Great experience!”
Review of The Wainwright

The Wainwright
Ranked #33 of 156 Restaurants in Keswick
Description: The Wainwright is a dog friendly free house in Keswick town centre, on Lake Road opposite George Fisher. Voted runner up as CAMRA Pub of the Year 2016 we serve up to 8 real ales from Cumbrian brewers. We serve great food, using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Perfect for the walker/climber/runner and casual tourist alike we have 3 TVs showing fellwalking and other Lakeland activities.
Reviewed 15 June 2017

My parents and I were visiting the UK for the first time and stopped in Keswick for the day. We scoured the town looking for a good pub and settled on The Wainright. The food was outstanding and definitely the best pub food we had during our trip. I had the fish and chips, which was excellent and my dad had the sausage and mash. But, the highlight of the meal was the pea and ham soup my mom got. It was the best soup I've ever tasted. They have a wide selection of beer and ale and the staff was helpful. I hope to visit again one day.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Traditional English pub catering for walkers and their dogs. Good beer, good food - would go back again.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We arrived here about 7pm on a Sunday evening - the place was quite busy with no free tables. The guy behind the bar promised us the next free table and we were seated within 10 minutes. They have a wide selection of draught local beers at reasonable prices. When ordering our four mains, the barman told us that they would take about 30-35mins (as two of them were game pie). The meals did arrive after this time and the quality of the food was excellent. Cost for all four was under £40. The burger I had (with cheese and jalapenos) was fantastic. Three of our party also had desserts which were enormous at £5 each. The staff at this pub were all friendly and helpful - I can see why it is so popular. If you love great pub food and real ales, you won't go wrong here! All four of our party thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Popped in to avoid the torrential rain and found a great pub to while away a couple of hours. Great selection of real ales and great food. We had lunch and the food was great tasting and value. Good job we got the bus into Keswick as I certainly was not fit to drive after sampling the range of ales. Roll on July for a return visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

One for the real ale fans with great food. Be warned, it does get busy for food & it might be best to book a table even midweek.