“Best pies in the world”

Huddlestons Butchers
Ranked #43 of 84 Restaurants in Windermere
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Cracking pies and friendly staff. Good choice of meats and handy location on the main road. Go in and indulge.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

A first class butchers, family run by John who also makes outstanding award-winning pies/pasties etc etc. Beautiful meats for sale as well as homemade burgers.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Purchased some sausages, bacon and pies from this butcher. Not normally particularly bothered too much which I buy but after tasting them from this butcher I am hooked. My husband said his pie was very tasty. I had bacon and sausage and they were exceptional. Even took some home on our last day.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Ok, firstly this must be the king of all pie shops. Every time I visit Windermere I have to visit this shop. I have never tasted pies like this in all my life. Award winning pies to die for. My favourite are the Chicken and Leak or Chicken and Mushroom and the steak pies. In all fairness all the pies are gorgeous. If you go too late in the afternoon they’ll be sold out. So be warned, I’m not the biggest of eaters but it’s hard to eat a whole one. Thick with meat and gravy I make myself sick over indulging. If your in the lakes this shop is a must. The filling is rich and juicy, totally and wholly encased in a beautiful pastry. I buy as many as I can get my hands on and even have orders from my family to take back home. All the staff are brilliant and go out of their way to help.

Well done master baker.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

My partner saw this on tripadvisor under recommended places when visiting Windermere. And as a Wiganer, I should know my pies.

I had meat and potato, my partner had beef and gravy (something like that).

The pies were huge and great value for money. Very tasty, packed with flavour and filling and for less than £3 each!!!

Would definitely come here again