Wheatlands Lodge(Windermere)
US$212
Stags Head(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$322
US$213
Briscoe Lodge(Windermere)
TripAdvisor
All Seasons Rest(Windermere)
TripAdvisor
2,001 results
All reviewsblue smokeleisure clublake viewleisure facilitiesbusy roadoutdoor hot tubbuilding workmain restaurantlake districtlovely hotelsteam roomwedding venuehigh standardlots of choicefrom start to finishnight breaklounge area
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Took advantage of the Sunday night dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Lovely hotel which has been invested heavily in on going renovation. There is on going work, however didn't affect our stay at all. Bedroom was a great size, spotless and very comfy. Food was of a great quality. All staff are some of the friendliest and nicest I have met in a UK hotel. Take advantage of the bus which stops right outside the hotel to neighbouring villages and towns...a convenient way to explore. The hotel is in a great location and having a pre dinner drink on the seats overlooking the lake on a warm sunny evening was bliss. The day after we used the gym and pool facilities, both of which were great and a relaxing way to end a mini break. I can't recommend this hotel enough, we will certainly be revisiting!!

2  Thank LancashireLass2108
AlarAllik, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear LancashireLass2108, Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Low Wood bay Resort & Spa. I am so happy to hear you had such a good time with us, and that you liked our facilities. Thank you for complimenting our staff, I will pass your comments on.
We are indeed blessed with the location, almost at the heart of the Lakes with everything necessary around, and not to forget the grand hills seen from the front.

Once again, thank you for your review, I am pleased you had a relaxing time.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed for 2 nights in a hazel lake view room.
We originally had a willow room booked but on arrival we decided to upgrade, it was worth it! Now the room we stayed in did have scaffolding on the balcony, which we were informed about(and discountred because of). The workers were out on this between 8am and 4pm, so we had our curtains closed during that time. The view however was fantastic at night and we had zero problems with noise.
The employees at the hotel were so friendly and helpful, i didnt catch his name, but the gent on the gate, who also took our luggage to the room was really friendly and offered us some tips on local places to visit.
Also Lynne who was the breakfast attendant, was really lovely and friendly.

Now the room itself was very clean and tidy and a decent size.
The breakfast served was a sizable selection of hot and cold foods (the smoothies were delicious!)
The swimming pool facilities were impeccably clean and modern.
Overall the hotel was fantastic, nothing seemed a bother to any of the staff, it was a lovely relaxing stay away. Definatly worth another visit!

1  Thank Nettiejww

Dear Nettiejww, Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. We are indeed working on making the resort even more beautiful and adding some new exciting areas.
Thank you for your compliments on our staff, especially the ones you mentioned above, I will make sure to pass your words on to them.

Once again, thank you for your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Having just returned from a short break at the Low Wood I must compliment the staff and managers on being so professional within their work. My visit was a break for my wife's Birthday on arrival we had a helium balloon on our room and some chocolates.The attention to detail in the rooms is fantastic. Cafetiere supplied in the room and Sarah Nelsons gingerbread. We were lucky to have the only balconied room. Sat out at 7.20am watching the clouds rise above the langdale pikes is something else.
We ate at the Smoke room on the first night , The food quality is second to none and the staff are fantastic.
The leisure centre is wonderful and done to a high standard .
O.k they are having a massive refurb and extensive building works is ongoing but this does not put me off and shouldn't put anyone else off.
Thank you again to every one involved in a beautiful relaxing stay at your establishment

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward M

Dear Edward M, Thank you for your rewarding review regarding your stay at our resort, and thank you for choosing Low Wood Bay for your wife's Birthday destination. I am glad to hear that you had such a good time. I must agree - the room you were in (24) is one that has always been one that I love as it has the wonderful balcony.
It's great that you found the Blue Smoke Restaurant fantastic. The restaurant is a new addition that was created through our refurbishment programme, and has been quite popular ever since opening. I will make sure to pass you comments on to the team, this will make them smile.

Once again, thank you for your kind compliments, I hope we will have the honour of welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

First time visiting the Lake District and WOW did this place tick all the boxes! I booked a stay at Low Wood Bay after reading reviews and was overwhelmed with how beautiful the place is. The rooms are immaculate with stunning views of lake Windermere! The hotel has 2 restaurants but we chose to eat at the blue smoke both nights as our first night eating there was so lovely (definitely give this place a try) again lovely views, lovely food, lots on the drink menu and great touches such as out door seating around a coal fire! perfect for a romantic stay over looking the lake watching the sunset (like we did :D ). The staff are very friendly make you feel very welcome from the first minute and all through your stay. Massive thank you to all the team especially Lynda for arranging and helping me make my surprise proposal to my Fiancée extra special. You all made our stay and ya feel amazing! Anyone looking for a place that has everything and won’t disappoint then please don’t look past this place. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank JayRemyca
AlarAllik, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear JayRemyca, Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you loved our hotel. We have recently refurbished the whole resort, this included the creation of the Blue Smoke on the Bay restaurant which has been extremely popular.
Creating something new and implementing big changes can be rather challenging. Your comments are very encouraging. Thank you again.

I will make sure to pass your compliment on to the Blue Smoke team and to Lynda for helping you with the special surprise.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This is a live commentary...Cross the world from Australia to beautiful lake Windermere to a view pictured of concrete overflow tanks being installed.

I’d asked for the extra for a lake view room and was told more than 100 quid extra ..with no other option. This was Before I saw the room ..then I commented on my “overflow tank” view and suggested they consider a superior room before my TripAdvisor review.. some hours later ..no response

I also went to the restaurant and requested a window view ..certainly they were available but I was very abruptly told no this couldn’t be done..I wondered is thus my accent ..or were they all in a bad mood.

Either way I’m thankful because we walked to discover Holbeck Ghyll for our dinner tonight ..where a window view of the lake was no problem even though heavily booked . ..wow ..and then an absolute lakeside delight for a wine without road noise of Low Wood and much more at The Langdale Chase hotel

So thanks Low Wood, I wouldn’t have discovered these Windermere gems if your hospitality had been warm and welcoming

3  Thank JohnandMargPerth
NevilJeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sorry to learn we didn't cater to your needs or threat to post live commentary on TA. It would have been more fortuitive to ask to discuss such shortfalls with the guest relations team as I'm positive they could and would have moved your room if indeed you had been overlooking a overflow tank. I am unaware any rooms over looked such items either on this stay or any other their after.