Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$646
Hotels.comUS$661
PricelineUS$661
ZenHotels.com
2,682 results
All reviews blue smoke infinity pool thermal journey leisure club lake view leisure facilities busy road the outdoor hot tub main restaurant lake district lovely hotel main road steam room wedding venue high standard evening meal from start to finish
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

Our second visit here as a family. We shall return snd we would definitely recommend it. The thermal journey spa area is a must. The views are spectacular from the outdoor infinity pool and the staff helpful and friendly. The gym is a good standard. Everywhere was very clean and tidy. We all felt well looked after. Our dogs were made very welcome and had their own beds, towels and bowls provided. Dogs are allowed in the bar area. The rooms we had came with balconies looking over the lake. The beds were large and comfy. The showers in our rooms were very powerful. The juice bar serves delicious food snd drink. The breakfast choice is very good and requests for variations are accommodated. The breakfast is good value for money as there is plenty. The service at breakfast on our first day was rather slow and a bit disorganised but the second day it had improved. Our meal in the Windermere restaurant was a little disappointing. The steak was good and we enjoyed the cocktails. The vegetable pie was average. The Asian duck was a bit tasteless. The mussels were overpriced for a main course as the portion was not much bigger than the starter one. Several of the mussels weren’t open so we left them. The sauce was a bit thin . We didn’t feel that the meal was good value. We have had an excellent relaxing break and the hotel is doing a great job getting back to welcoming guests after the difficult months of the pandemic.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nevil Jeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Dear Vetkazd

Thank you for your review and we are pleased in the main you enjoyed your stay, certainly with regards to accommodation, and health club and spa facilities. We take on board your comments with regards to your ding experience and I will review these with the chefs to ensure improvements are made. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and thank you for your strong recommendation to others.

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

A great stay... as always! We visit Low Wood almost every year for a lakes get away and it never disappoints. Rooms are fantastic, spa / health club is the best I’ve ever been to and views are breath taking.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel LowWoodBay, Guest Services / Front Office at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2021

Thank you Shauna for your fabulous review of your most recent stay. I'm delighted to hear we exceeded expectations once again and cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Buck
Operations Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

At nearly £500 a night we had high hopes of this hotel. We were greeted by a wonderful gentlemen on arrival at the car park, but it sadly went down hill from there. The Hazel room we had booked always had a linen trolley/ hoover outside it and dirty glasses sat by the window. The room was basically like a travel lodge with a used razor and bottle of shower gel left spilt under the bath from previous guests. The curtain around the bath had mould on the bottom and there was a horrid damp smell. It was a busy weekend and the staff were all lovely and trying very hard, but there was just no evidence of anyone running the show. Everytime we asked for something the answer was no, although one kind lady did find us some loo roll! I knew prior to arriving that even as a hotel resident I could not get into the spa ( so I accept this point), but at no point were we told the pool needed to be booked. We spent most of the weekend phoning or going down to the leisure centre to try and get a swimming slot ( cancellation) for our 9 year old. This is of course rightly due to Covid but this should be made clear on third party websites. Please if you want to use the leisure facilities take note and book in advance, otherwise as with our experience the low wood 'spa' becomes a rather over- priced, 3 star at best experience.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank louisepG6447XT
Daniel LowWoodBay, Guest Services / Front Office at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Dear Louise,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear of the failings you experienced in our housekeeping staff in and around your room. Your comments have been duly noted and will be raised in the morning with our Housekeeping Manager for thorough investigation. These standards are clearly unacceptable and will be immediately be addressed for review.

As you rightly say, our swimming pool capacities have been greatly reduced due to the government restrictions imposed to keep everyone safe. It's imperative that all guests book each of their experiences prior to arrival as listed on our English Lakes COVID19 statement online and on your confirmation letter and reminder email.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you both back when you are able to fully ulitise the Resort facilities.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Buck
Operations Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

The staff were very friendly but that’s really the only positive comment I can give .

We stayed in a lake view room ( view was lovely but traffic noise was equivalent to the A1 from the crack of dawn with the open top bus stop directly outside staring into your bedroom ) the bathroom was nice but the room itself was very dated and tired.

The fact it badges itself up as a spa resort and we booked for 3 days but couldn’t access the facilities is an absolute joke. I’m sure they will state that it’s due to Covid but I don’t find this a valid reason … they should make provision to ensure that all residents have access at some point.

Luckily I had prebooked the blue smoke restaurant for one of the evenings but when I asked to book in for another evening due to a change of circumstances I was told there was no availability in either restaurant at any time … again totally unacceptable when you are a hotel resident .. yes I could have had a sandwich in my room but not really what I expect when I’m paying over £500 per night !

Breakfast …. My husband asked for an omelette one day which apparently wasn’t an option and don’t order the scrambled eggs unless you like garlic to start your day off.

On the final morning upon receipt of the bill we were charged £36 to park our car in the hotel car park … I mean really ??? When I questioned this I was told that it was because we booked through booking.com and not direct ! And it was instead of charging for breakfast despite the fact we had paid for breakfast in our room rate !

Anyway if you decide to stay here after reading this review the Winander rooms over the other side looked nice ( like a separate hotel in all honesty ) but in my opinion it’s not worth the money and we shall never return

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Aw1004
Nevil Jeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

As a team we are disappointed to learn your recent experience had not met with your individual expectations, certainly with regards to your room and parking charges. The third party parking fees are clearly displayed on all third party booking channels and within our own booking confirmation. As a direct booker these charges still apply and as a direct booking reward these fees are removed.

As part of all inclusive residents rates we offer complementary access to the indoor health club facilities. The indoor and outdoor spa facilities are separate to the indoor health club facilities and chargeable. We are operating a booking system for both facilities and yes due to governmental restrictions we have had to implement reduce operations by 20%. We hope to be able to lift this beyond 21st June all being well. This will increase indoor health club access and remove the indoor restrictions and booking system. We strongly advise guests to plan ahead and book prior to arriving to ensure your able to enjoy and avoid disappointment.

I apologise for the breakfast experience and have investigated the claim of garlic. I personally had scrambled eggs and can confirm their was no trace of garlic, I'm only sorry if this was the case at the time.

Again, we are sorry for your experience.

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Stunning views of the lake and amazing spa with exceptional customer service throughout the hotel especially in the Winander club!
We stayed for 5 days in a windander club room with view of sloping hills behind, lambs frolicking around and lots of cute bunnies in the fields. These are the absolute best for peace, tranquility and views!!
The service at the Winander club is exceptional and special mentions must go to Tim the Head Barman for his superb service and arty of cocktails. Ashley to a first class check in and his natural charm and desire to provide exceptional service and Ashley and Chad for their service at Breakfast.
So good to see such a happy and motivated team who genuinely care about their clients and want to ensure they have an amazing stay.
The outdoor spa is a special treat and the afternoon tea with a difference in the Blue Smoke restaurant is amazing!
Thanks for a lovely stay - we will definitely be back!!

Room tip: Book windander club rooms for peace, tranquility and exceptional views at back of hotel plus extra special service from the staff!
Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Vanessapegg

As a team we are so pleased you enjoyed your resent 5 night stay with the Winander Club part of the overall experiences on offer at Low Wood Bay as a whole.
Tim, Chad and Ashley will be rewarded by their special mentions and as myself hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.
Special mention to the lambs and bunnies is also noted and I will be sure to let them know of your pleasure also.