Marton Mere Holiday Park - Haven
Alumhurst Hotel(Blackpool)
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Restaurant
3,094 results
All reviewsprestige caravanboat housetouring caravanlovely caravantouring sitespace bowlswimming poolfamily holidaybus servicecentral heatingevening entertainmentgreat holidayblackpool zoostanley parknext yearbus stoplong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a short 3 night break in march when we arrived we were given keys to our caravan and went to settle in. Upon arrival at our caravan we were greeted my a dirty nappy in the bin we also had no fridge, no water and there was a wet patch on the carpet and a few small prices of glass so we assumed someone had spilled a drink, my husband went to reception to get this sorted and we were told some one would deliver a fridge, come with a carpet vac and come turn the water on so whilst we waited we decided to eat the tea we had brought with us only to then find we had no cutlery no plates no glasses or cups or anything to cook with other than 2 pans!! As our 3 yr old was getting hungry by this point we decided to go eat at the boat house pub we went back to reception on route and told them What was missing they told us they knew about it and our caravan had apparently been missed off the Rota, we were assured everything would be sorted by the time we got back from the entertainment.
We arrived back to the caravan around 9.30 and had been given the missing items however the floor was still wet and we still had no water, we had to call security as the reception was now closed and they swiftly came out and put the water on we went to bed assuming everything was ok...
The next morning I walked onto the carpeted area only to hear a squelching noise under foot the whole carpet was saturated enough so that my daughter had her wellys on jumping on the carpet as if it was a puddle!!!! We had a search and discovered the pipes to the shower where leaking badly so at 9 am when reception opened I went straight down and told them their response was they would send someone out to see if it could be sorted I told them it wouldn't be sorted and we would need moving but agreed for them to send someone out
A short while 2 maintenance men came out took one look at me stomp my foot on the floor and radioed we had to be moved as we couldn't stay there.
Now I cannot stress enough the maintenance team were fantastic they apologised on their behalf but did not know about the leak and got us out of there as soon as they could we were told to go to reception and would be given keys to a new van.
We were moved to a better caravan and even upgraded to one with central heating and double glazing closer to the entertainment complex so felt a little better, the lovely maintenance men even tracked us down and brought our daughters coat that we had left behind when we moved vans.. Then we went to the pool and were told the boiler was broke so it was a little cooler than normal. Understatement of the year!!! it was freezing cold we did not stay in long!!!
So after this we spent 2 nights in a nice caravan and the pool was fixed and back up to temperature by the next day it's just a shame the start of our mini break was ruined by them giving us keys to a caravan which was in my opinion not suitable to be let out to anyone.

3  Thank lindzi 3185
Marton Mere H, Holiday Experience Team at Marton Mere Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello.

Please let me apologise for the problems you had.

When we first opened in March we did experience some issues with leaks, pipes bursting, and boilers bursting etc with the extreme cold snap we had the week before before. These were not brought to light until holiday homes and some facilities were starting to get used for the first time, we would not have intentionally put you in the van to begin with.

I am glad the maintenance team were able to find you to return your little girls jacket.

I hope that sometime you can return to us so we can restore your faith in Marton Mere, If you would think of coming back please contact me directly on park where i will personally look after the booking for you and check your holiday home myself prior to your arrival.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's ok wouldn't call it deluxe quite small for 3 bedrooms .and smelt of smoke the whole time we was there . air freshner did not work .Did have 2 toilets .Staff did sort out our complaints very quickly

Room Tip: Ok was surpose to be a deluxe better asking for a standard new
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marton Mere H, Holiday Experience Team at Marton Mere Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello

Thanks for your reveiw on your recent stay with us here at Marton Mere.

I am sorry to see that you had some issues but glad to see that they were sorted very quickly.
All holiday homes are non smoking and we have guest notices in these to ask not to smoke so I apologise that this was ignored by previous guests.

I hope that you can return to us and restore your faith in Marton Mere.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately Haven is now adding to many caravans at Marton mere. Overcrowded and not enough room for all guests in function room and bar. We tried every night to get a meal and a sit. Ended up back in caravan both nights. Great location for Blackpool though x

Hi

Thanks for the review.

Holidays are always a very very busy time for us and over the weekend we welcomed in just short of 400 families I am sorry that you found it difficult to get a seat in the venues.
We haven’t added anymore caravans to our park for a very long time we were just simply busy with it being holiday time.

I’m sure if you were to return to us off peak you would be able to enjoy the entertainment and a lovely meal in the boathouse.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean resort. Caravan even though we upgraded it, needed a little work. Sink dodgy, tv didn't work, remote hand no batteries, front door didnt shut properly. They came 18 or so hours later to fix tv, day after next it wasn't working again, reported again and still not fixed when we left. Just left us a bit miffed having to try and keep the three kids entertained whilst trying to make tea, shower them etc.

1  Thank deanbarl0w

Hi there!

What a shame to see that your holiday home needed a little TLC, I hope you reported all these.
I am sorry that the TV signal went, we were having problems with the communial tv aerials on one side of the park.
Having a 3 year old in the family myself I know what it’s like.

If you think of coming back to us please let me know on park so I can personally look after your booking and check your accommodation before arrival.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On arrival, check in was fast and we were given a map of the site which made it easy to find our caravan. Caravan was very modern and clean, really pleased with it. We noticed we didn't have a kettle, and after calling reception one was delivered to the caravan almost immediately. Very nice staff on the site, really friendly. Restaurant was good with good choice. Bar prices were ok too. Didnt see too much of the evening entertainment but what we did was fine. Lots for kids earlier on. Really enjoyable stay, would highly recommend Marton Mere

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello There.

Thanks for a great review on your recent stay with us.

It’s great to see that you all had a great holiday.
I’m happy to see that you got a kettle straight away - I know how imprortant that 1st brew is after a long journey.

I look forward to welcoming you back on park again soon.

Best Wishes