“Recommended by local taxi driver”

Yorkshire Fisheries
Ranked #4 of 782 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Established as one of the oldest fish and chip shops in Blackpool, we are proud to be known as The Best Chippy in Blackpool! We serve delicious haddock and cod and have daily specials. We welcome families and large groups as we have seating for 126 people. Take away also available
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stopped here to get a take home typical fish and chip supper. It was recommended by a local taxi driver. We were not disappointed. it was a cracking take home meal. Highly recommend this for take home fare. They also have a restaurant.

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you very much for following yuur taxi driver’s recommendation. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review too. We hope to serve you again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service with a smile, really delicious food and well priced. I can see why it's so popular! We really enjoyed our food and would highly recommend this restaurant for good proper fish and chips!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely comments. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went to blackpool for the day and went with my mum. Now I am a very VERY picky eater when it comes to fish. I don't like the fishy taste but I can eat chip shop fish.

I ordered the cod and chip special lightly battered for £7.50 and came with mushy peas, bread and butter and a choice of either tea, coffee or a cold drink. They were very flexible with the special as I also don't like mushy peas and they were more than happy to change this to the curry sauce.

The wait time was less than 10 minutes from ordering and the staff are very friendly.

When the food arrived the fish was cooked beautifully and the chips were a good portion size (like I needed a big portion with the size of the cod!).

All in all the staff are very nice and friendly. I can see why they are still going strong after 100 years. I would definitely be going again and would recommend to all fish and chip lovers everywhere.

Maria M, Owner at Yorkshire Fisheries, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you very much for your great review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food and service which you received and that you would happily dine with us again, as well as recommend us so wholeheartedly

Reviewed 31 March 2018

It's been two years since I visited Blackpool, and as I arrived on a Friday, and as I always have Fish and Chips on Fridays, my first port of call, for my first meal in the town, was "Yorkshire Fisheries".

I'm pleased to say that the same very high standards are still there, and it's as clean as it ever is, a pleasure to sit down in a British catering establishment where you don't have to clean the previous diners food off the cutlery, like so many of the others.

I didn't inspect the toilets this time, (no, not even the ladies' like last time, he said!)

A superb meal as usual, F & C, B & B, plus a bottle of water - beautifully cooked and served, please keep showing the others how it should be done, and I hope to see you again mid summer!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I remember you from reading yuur review and I am so glad that you found us as good this time as the last time you visited. Our aim is to consistently provide good and food and service and I am pleased that you found that to be the case. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went to the tower for the day and referred to trip advisor for best fish and chips as the fish and chip shop where we had parked looked average. We weren’t disappointed fish and chips were amazing and even offered a lightly battered option which my wife and 8 year old loved. Would never have found this gem without trip advisor and will definitely go again when in Blackpool.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad that you used TA to find us. We hope to serve you and your family again should you return to Blackpool.