“weekend stay”

and 1 more site!
Earlsway Hotel
Ranked #674 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2011

a big thank you to mo and yvonne and all the staff at earlsway for a great weekend food good staff polite weather good rooms also nice and clean already lookin forword to next year our party of 14 all said what a great time they had.keep up the good work mo, would recommend the hotel to anyone as we did not leave till 12 on mon they let us put our case,s in lounge and go for one last look . see you next year dave liz and all the gang from holbeach lincolnshire

ps
will bring the sausages next year mo

david dickinson

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank david d

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed 1 night here with my husband and our 7 year old daughter, as we were visiting the illuminations, we were very pleased with the hotel, the owners and staff were very polite and helpful, the room was clean and the breakfast was lovely. The only thing was we were on the top floor which was not a problem for us, but it would be if someone had walking difficulties as there was no lift. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we would definately recommend to anyone. We hope to return back again soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Louise L
Reviewed 3 October 2011

In the past I was a regular visitor to blackpool, twice a year every year and always stayed in either the queens hotel or the royal carlton before it closed down. This year we decided to try something different as money was a little tight. We came across the earlsway as the price was excellent at £135 for fri-mon sea view with breakfast in late June. VERY competitive. We had an unusual greeting by the cleaner in the reception, which wasn't the warmest, however she was obviously very busy. We were not kept waiting for long and were shown to our room which was small, but had everything basic that we needed.
The bed was comfortable however nowhere near long enough if you are over about 5'10"! One small complaint, the room, although not dirty, could do with a deep clean i.e. perhaps the bathroom ceiling panels scrubbed or changed as they were water stained and looked pretty grim. Also the sea view overlooked a flat roof area on the ground floor level which was covered in rubbish that had obviously been blown on there from the promenade. Only minor things though.
The breakfasts were very good. As good as any other hotel I have stayed in in blackpool. Full english, cereals, toast, tea, coffee, juice (although they only had those ridiculous tiny juice glasses which as a big juice drinker is very irritating as you have to get up over and over again).
The staff were very friendly and offered us all different vouchers for the attractions and even printing off a voucher we found ourselves for us at no charge.
They also arranged for a secure locked car park for our car which can be a problem with hotels on the promenade at a small extra charge. It was a short walk around the block but much safer than anywhere we could find.
We had a great stay at The Earlsway and would recommend it to anyone looking for a slightly cheaper alternative with a friendly welcome and great breakfast! We will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam F
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I am disabled and now seldom get away. My sister and my niece took me to Blackpool just over night. I wanted a sea view as I knew they would have to leave me in the room to rest during the day. I can manage stairs slowly but this is not a good hotel if you cannot. Mo and Yvonne greeted us and Mo kindly parked our car. When I booked I did explain I was disabled and as the single rooms were not over looking the sea I paid more so that I could sit and chill while I rested between sight seeing. My room was number 6 a very clean room and tiny it had a shower and a toilet with a folding door but it was awful if you pulled it across as you hit your head when you bent down as it is so small. However there was a shower so I could wash. There was no loo roll but my niece had one and a half so she gave me one. There was 2 tea bags but sadly no milk, neither of us had an coffee and my sister had one milk that was out of date. The TV is tiny and on top of the wardrobe and I could not see it really and the signal was poor - but I had my book. Non of this was a problem! minor hiccups But the sea view was not good. I looked at the photos and saw the rooms with a chairs looking out at the sea and to be honest as the hotel was totally empty except for us and as I was charged double because I was single occupancy I assumed I would get a good room. I was given a room with the bed facing the wall and as there was just 6 inches between the bed and the wall I could not get to the window with my crutches. The angle of the room - like a triangle - made it impossible for me to look out but even if I had been able to get around the bed due to the angle I would have had to stand and look and this is not possible for me. My sister offered to change as her bed faced the window but she had a bath and I couldn’t use that also there was 2 of them and their room was a bit bigger and needed the space. Neither room was big enough to fit a chair in. My reason for going was the sea and I feel sad that I had to spend hours staring at dated wall decoration with nothing to drink. The hotel was empty why not allocate the best rooms? I couldn’t even sit in the lounge as it was locked and the chairs at the front of the property are bolted down so with movement difficulty it hurt to use them. All very sad really. I think this is OK for couples who have been together a while as there’s no privacy in the room, no good for business as there was only one socket on the end of a long lead needed for kettle and bedside lamp you have to swap so no where to plug in phone or laptop, no good for solo travellers as you have to pay for double occupancy and no good for family as the rooms are to small and many stairs and the TV poor signal and tiny not what my grand children would want to watch

Room Tip: room 5 has chairs
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
YvonneJ08, Owner at Earlsway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Thank you for your review, Mo and I do appreciate guests feedback. We were a little taken aback at some of the remarks as we feel they were unjustified. Your booking was made on the telephone the same day you arrived. I explained on the telephone that there were steps to the front door and no lift on the premises, but you indicated that it would not be a problem. I even offered reception level rooms. Your party still went ahead and booked knowing this information. The 2 rooms you had at £40 per room represents terrific value midweek for a seaview room including breakfast. As we can get a lot of footfall we could not let you have our premier room incase we took a last minute booking. The rooms were prepared by myself and Mo, and I can confidently state that they were both fully equipped with indate complimentary tea/coffee/milk and the essential toilet requisites. The lounge/bar is open all day/evening with the exception of an hour at teatime.
Regards
Yvonne & Mo

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Have just stayed two nights here during illuminations and feel Earlsway offered good value for money. We were warmly greeted by Mo who was a great host and happily gave us information about shows and attractions. The lounge/ bar area was open for most of our visit and only closed during meal times, it was a nice communal area and offered good views of the prom and the sea as well as the essential sky sports! Our room was a very small double with a large ensuite with a view of the job centre.....but it was very clean, warm and had more or less all that was needed for two nights (a mirror in the bathroom would be good, check the use by dates on tea/coffee). Breakfast was orange juice, cereal and fry up - hash brown, sausage, bacon, egg, beans and tomato - toast and tea and coffee. To be honest it was a bit chaotic and some of the service was poor - eg toast was cold and came at random point in meal, fry up came out when my partner still eating cereal, heard another guest ask for more toast and this seemed to be a problem.Having said that, the fry up was good! The location is absolutely brilliant and the welcome seemed genuine so I feel things will improve and the hosts will take on board comments. Would say give it a go!

Room Tip: From other reviews, I'm guessing sea view rooms are larger so i'd book early.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona B

Thanks for your review and kind remarks, Mo and I appreciate your time. We do take onboard your comments and will as always, endeavour to improve our standards of service.
Kind regards