All reviewslearning disabilitiesshower chairlaundry servicesupport workernext yearevening entertainmentfancy dresswet roomfantastic weekendgreat entertainmentfeel welcomefood was lovelybuffet stylepleasure beachcannot faultsea frontmany thanks
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We took 3 people in wheelchairs here and the rooms were clean but one lacked a mirror and bedside lights and 2 where on the small side considering they need space for the wheelchair.
The food was basic and you needed to get there before it all went !
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful.
The entrance lets the hotel down alot !!! It is scruffy. And needs painting and more kerb appeal.
There was only one shower bench, which did not rise and fall so was not the best bench for people with additional needs.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
BondHotelBlackpool, Director of Sales at Bond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hi Dian,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay upon your return home. I have noted your feedback and forwarded your comments to our hotel manager to be reviewed.

As well as providing a shower trolley we also have a wide range of reclining shower chairs available which may have met your needs a little better. Our rooms do vary in size and we do have large fully accessible bedrooms available, we tailor our bedrooms around the details we are given at the time of booking. The maintenance team at the hotel have been renovating areas of the hotel throughout the year - I will ensure they take your comments regarding the hotel entrance on board.

I hope that we can welcome you back to The Bond Hotel in the future and if you could contact me directly with any future bookings I will ensure that we have everything you need for your holiday.

Kindest Regards
Karen

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Myself, my colleague and our service user visited this hotel for the first time recently and we were very impressed. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and catered for all of our requests/needs instantly. The facilities were very good in terms of access, ease of use and practicality meaning that those with low mobility or using wheelchairs have no issues. The food was very good, with the staff and other hotel guests giving the dining room a very pleasant atmosphere and our rooms were of a good standard.

The big selling point of this hotel however, is the evening entertainment. Our service user and other guests were made to feel so included and empowered by the entertainment staff and comperes. A special mention must go to Nicole who was extremely charismatic, funny and especially inclusive. There was cabaret, bingo, raffles and without a doubt the most hilarious fancy-dress competition I've ever witnessed (I still crack up when I think about Bob Marley and the Milky bar kid).

The hotel is in a good location, being only a stone's throw from the Pleasure Beach and sea front. The only negatives that I can think of were the small car park and relatively weak WiFi connection (but that's really just nitpicking). I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to other care providers or those with physical/learning disabilities. Hopefully we'll be back next year!

Adam, Autism West Midlands

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank adam1987462
Reviewed 20 May 2017

The service at the Bond was super, The staff are so helpful and pleasant. The rooms had everything we needed ,The food was very tasty and the service was so good ,and anything you asked for was never a problem. The entertainment was spot on .A very relaxing and enjoyable holiday We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JaniceB1480
Reviewed 18 May 2017

An excellent place to stay that caters especially for disabled people and their carers but still welcomes able bodied people aswell. The staff are excellent and look after it's guests superbly and the evening entertainment is good apart from there is too much Bingo.The food is mostly traditional Englis served Buffet style where you help yourself and is very good quality. The Hotel is located on a side street near the North end of the Pleasure Beach and is only a few minutes walk from the nearest Tram stop on the golden mile. i would especially recomend this hotel for anyone with a family member or friend with physical or mental disabilities.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessable and are specially designed for people with disabilities. Staff are specially trained to take this into account.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ianfoster16
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I took away one of the guys I care for to an 80's weekend and the whole weekend was so enjoyable.
The entire staff team were helpful and always seen with smiles on their faces, which made the atmosphere relaxing and fun. The rooms were good - everything we needed was supplied (shower chair, adjustable bed). Meals were tasty, with a variety of choice, and the service in the restaurant was spot on. The evening entertainment was our favourite part of the weekend. I was dubious before because we've stayed in other hotels where the entertainment has been hit or miss but each night at the Bond hotel was great fun. The guy I support has autism and the evening team tailored the entertainment to his needs. Most of all, we felt very well looked after and the staff team put their all in to make sure we had a great and memorable weekend. We'll definitely be returning!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business