Sunrise Avenue Hotel
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$67
Agoda.com
US$65
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$51
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
US$100
US$91
TripAdvisor
All reviewspleasure beachfamily roomcouldn't do enoughhosts jennynice big showercar troublebunk bedsspent a long weekendlovely couplefull englishsecond homecar parking spacedouble roomstayed for one nightbe booking againa lovely staygreat hosts
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We weren't going to write a review as didn't have anything good really to say about the place but the final insult compelled us to!
First of all we were greeted by a girl wearing dirty trainers who guided us to where we were to park in a car park which only fitted 3 cars in (at a push) As a family of 6 with a baby this was very awkward to get everyone in and out of the car. The girl in the dirty trainers then said about another car parking tomorrow along ways behind our car but if that happened the B&B owners would take their car keys off them and move their car if need be. This was not the case!
I was going to make payment to the girl in dirty trainers for our stay and asked about this and was told that there were no facilities there to take payment the owners would take it anytime suitable to us, could be tomorrow, the next day or when we left. Was all very strange.
The girl in dirty trainers (I keep on referring to her as this as no introductions were made) asked me if I had read any reviews about going for breakfast there. I hadn't so she told me that the owners of the B&B had another B&B just up the road and we were to go for our breakfast there. If we had known this we would not have booked.
We were told to be there for breakfast at 09:45 and there is a lot of difference between going down for breakfast in the place you are staying in to having to get everyone washed and dressed and out to walk up the road, not forgetting crossing 2 roads to get breakfast! So on the first morning we were unfortunately 10 minutes late and were told that we had missed it, everything was switched off so had to be on time the next morning, we were on time next morning but were told then that there was no table available so had to wait! After breakfast the lady(I'm assuming Jenny?) as again there were no introductions made, was very snippy about the car parking as her son needed a space, she made it sound like she was doing us a favour (very grudgingly).
The room we had was quite nice, had a separate room for our older children with 2 sets of bunk beds and we were given a travel cot for our baby which was very shabby but did the job, when the travel cot was up there was not much room at all to move around in. There were lights above the bay window which were purely for decoration as there was not a switch anywhere for them. Wallpaper peeling off and curtains hanging off but okay. The shower was like standing in drizzle and it took about half an hour for the water to drain away.
As I stated at the start of this review we weren't going to leave a review but the final insult came when I received a phone call accusing us of not paying them!! We paid part on card and part cash but because the full amount didn't show on their statement due to the part cash they somehow couldn't work this out! The lady, Jenny? was very snippy on the phone but added pet names like "lovey" when accusing me on not paying. When she finally worked out that we had in fact paid in full there was no apology made. We have no idea why there are so many great reviews about these people and their B&B. Fully expecting a snippy reply back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank RockGirl79
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but were more than happy with our room. It was clean and tidy albeit on the small side but for one night we were only there for some where to rest our heads. The location is very good for the pleasure beach and the tram stops just at the top of the street which can take you to the other end of the promenade. Breakfast was good, we did have to walk up to the other hotel but that didn't bother us. After reading some other reviews this was clearly an issue to some but it's really not that far. Parking was a bit of a pain as we were under the impression that there was a car park but turned out there was just a few spaces around the back which unfortunately were all taken but there are side streets and car parks near by. I would definitely return here - good value for money and John was very pleasant. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is because of the parking situation which was a bit stressful having to find some where after driving nearly 4 hours. Apart from that can't really fault anything! Yes the lounge area was locked off but in my opinion who goes there to sit in the lounge? We weren't there to sit around. Minor issue - again, didn't bother us in the slightest. Was quiet at night and we all slept well here :) Would recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a difficult review to write. On arrival our first impression of the building was how shabby and dirty the outside decoration is. (It wouldn't be difficult or costly to spruce it up with paint and to clean the dirty parking area and to make it look welcoming) . We were met by a very nice girl who took us to our room. Whilst clean, it was very small with nowhere to put a suitcase. The showerhose is broken. The lighting is very cold and harsh. The curtain is seethrough and not fixed to the rail. This building is in the process of being converted and the room is the only "finished" part. We then learnt that we need to walk a hundred yards up the "shabby" street to another building to have breakfast. We met the very nice owners and a fairly good English breakfast was available but you have to make your own tea and instant coffee although each table had a jug of really good orange juice. I asked for porridge, which I have every morning. This was thought to be surprising by the owner who said that B&Bs don't usually do Porridge. I can tell him that this is not the case, To his credit, he went to buy a box for me which I had to mix with milk and ask them to microwave it. This is exactly the sort of place which would benefit from a visit by the "Hotel Inspector" for her tv programme. If he took a few tips and hints and reinvested some money in the building it could be quite good. We want to like it it but investment is needed and a change of attitude from being a cheap B&B to a nice clean small hotel is needed. We wouldn't return as it is, but wish them luck when it is improved.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krbristol
Reviewed 24 September 2017

this hotel should tell you up front what it offers, we paid what I thought was above the norm for a room overnight, it states it has pool, licenced, lounge,the lounge was locked off so all you had was a room with out any facilities, in fact the truth is you need to phone someone to come round in a car so you can check in (no reception) you are given a key for room an a key fob to get into the hotel,what I will say is the room has been decorated to a good standard even though a bit on the small side,but the biggest disappointment was having to walk 0.2 mile down the road to another hotel for breakfast, we did this next morning but not happy having to do this in the rain when I informed the manager about not being happy about having to walk down the road for breakfast his response was "well you would do this in Majorca" perhaps he needs to realise he is in blackpool and it rains,, the room was cold that night but no heating available, also there was no fire information or evacuation details in the room which I`m led to belive is a legal requirement, they do have some information by the front door (this is no use if a fire starts when your in the room) I would of been happy if this hotel was honest about what they are offering

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 131graham57
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Booked this last minute and it didn't disappoint . Fantastic location for the pleasure beach and water park and a 2 minute walk to the tram. John and Jenny were fantastic, breakfast was lovely and hotel was clean and modern. Great price for a family of 6. Will definitely stay again and recommend to others. Thanks

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family