“WHAT IS UP WITH SOME PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #231 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I have stopped at the canasta several times now and i cant see why people fault it?
surley if you are staying somewhere and you find a fault/problem you report it but i hate the people who say nothing then use the internet to rate a hotel as rubbish. i can honestly say that the owners of the canasta treat you as you treat them polite and friendly in the world today what do people expect for there money you get what you pay for only the canasta gives that bit more .

Room Tip: be friendly and polite to the staff it costs nothing
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank carlbee50
There are newer reviews for Canasta Hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2012

bog standard Blackpool B&B- not awful, but not particularly great. Location good, breakfast average (service slow). Pay extra for a seaview room as the view from the back rooms is very grim. Unfriendly staff was my main gripe-as was the parking situation. Impractical and annoying. Would not return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank CardiffNL
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

I'm puzzled what you found "impractical and annoying". If you were referring to the car parking we have spaces for 18 vehicles - far more than many in the Victorian town of Blackpool.
I'm sorry you didnt find us very friendly. Perhaps there were reasons for that. We do treat folk as we find them.
From the tone of your review I'm kind of pleased you wont be coming back.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

stayed at the Canasta hotel recently for a special occasion, would not go again, beds not comfy, did not like the "non friendly" approach, hard working girls though i must say.

would not recommend to a friend!!

Room Tip: just dont book into any room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elaine474780
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Oh dear. I'm sorry you didnt enjoy your stay but I am a little puzzled by your comments. Our matresses get changed every two years and we regularly get good comments about them. We dont buy the cheap rubbish many others do. If EVER we get a comment about a bed being uncomfortable we generally replace it straight away - I cant honestly remember the last time we did have a complaint about that. and am puzzled why you didnt let me know when you were here? If you were staying more than one night I would definitetly have sorted it for subsequent nights (or at least for the next guest). Perhaps you'd like to go the extra mile and email me about which room you stayed in.

As for the "non friendly approach" well i dont know what to say really. I must be honest and say I can't remember you. I do all the check-ins as I like to know who is staying in my house (yes we live on the premises). I always greet with a smile and chat and try and get guests to sit down and have a cuppa before giving the key etc.

Thanks for mentioning the one good point - we are quite proud of our staff.

We obviously got it wrong in your case and I am genuinely sorry about that.

Have a great trip next time you come to Blackpool - even if its not with us.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just returned from another great weekend at the canasta,there was 12 in our party ranging from 6 to 58 years and as usual Doug,mandy and all the staff made us welcome and the haloween party was great, the food was fantastic as usual and the hotel itself was very clean as is normal for the canasta,this was our 3rd visit and we cant wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: no complaints about any of the rooms we have stayed in on our 3 visits.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thanks very much Chris and the gang for your repeat custom. Much appreciated!

Reviewed 21 October 2011

This was our first time at the Canasta. What can i say? Greeted with a smile and a coffee. All of the staff were excellent,cheery and nothing was too much trouble for them. Rooms were lovely and clean. Breakfast?.....well i certainly couldn,t complain. Struggled to finish it. It was superb. No problem getting parked. The only let down was the usual British weather. A massive 10 out of 10 for the Canasta. Would recommend it no problem. Thank you very much for a relaxing time. This is the only hotel in Blackpool that i would go back to without hesitation. All the best from the Nicol family.

Room Tip: Don,t let this hotel pass you by. Superb!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Iain N

Thanks very much Iain for taking the time to pen the review. Much appreciated