Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$44
AA Central Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Bar/Lounge
4,112 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Ok, let me begin by saying that I've left many reviews on here, some good, some bad, and I always leave one of I've had particularly good or particularly bad service.

Let's put this in the particularly bad category.

Firstly, on the booking it soad that there was onsite parking, on arrival the car park was an absolute joke, totally full cars blocking other cars in, nowhere to turn around, the only option was to reverse out onto the tramlines, which is impossible to do when another car has pulled in behind you. How difficult is it to put a 'car park full' sign up?
So, we had to park half a mile away on a multi storey, paying £14 for the privilege, then carry our cases up the busy promenade to the hotel.
The reception staff were oblivious to our complaint about the parking situation, to the point of being downright rude, we'll get back to that bit.
We were allocated a room, a room which we could smell from 15 yards away, on opening the door we were shocked and disgusted, firstly by the smell, and every single thing we saw afterwards. The curtains were closed, in the afternoon, on opening them, the room didn't get any brighter, due to the fact that they were coated in green slime and bird droppings on the outside, and mould on the inside, see attached photos. We found the cause of the smell in the bathroom, sewage coming up from the bath waste, see attached photos, there was actual excrement on the wall leading to the bathroom.

As you might have guessed, we were less than happy with this, I know britannia hotels aren't upmarket, they're basic and relatively cheap, but you expect them to be clean, free from sewage, the smell, my word, how they thought anyone could stay in there for five minutes, let alone sleep in it is beyond me.

So, we carry our cases back down to reception, and tell them the room is unacceptable, listing the above. To be told that there were no other rooms, that's it, no apology, no nothing, no customer service whatsoever.
As my wife was complaining, I was already looking for another hotel, o don't care if they'd offered a penthouse at this point, the place is a disgrace, and the staff are rude, unprofessional and very argumentative when faced with undoubted facts about their service.

We were the told that we would be refunded through Agoda, which could take 7-10 days, so we were now going to be out of pocket aswell.

I booked into the ibis down the road, and we trudged, with our cases, again, down the promenade. In disbelief at the ridiculous experience this hotel had put us through.

Since then, we have complained, to the chief executives secretary, and I can confirm that the customer service is beyond poor even at that level. So we've got a duty manager in the hotel that has zero customer service skills, is actually argumentative and rude, and a chief exec that doesn't care about that

Stay away from this place folks, its a hole, and I wouldn't want anyone going through that

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TonyCorleone
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Avoid at all costs the place is a dump and is standing up by scaffolding. !! Carpets are dirty and staff are rude avoid at all costs. We had water pouring through the bathroom roof at 7 am in the morning with no explanation or a apology of why but was handed towels to mop up the water ourselves with no cleaning staff present.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel501
Reviewed 22 May 2018

just returned from a 2 night stay booked with uk breakaways inclusive of theatre tickets , was a bit aprehensive after reading awfull reviews of this hotel was pleasantly suprised yes the hotel and rooms are out dated like most hotels in blackpool and rooms in need of refurb , but it was kept clean and the food breakfast an evening meal was good and not slop as suggested in one of the reviews. Staff waiting staff ,bar staff and cleaners pleasant and helpfull although reception staff do need to learn to smile and brush up on there people skills .

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This is by far the most grotesque horrible cess pool of a hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. Being greeted with a receptionist with a rude attitude, who didn't acknowledge any request we made for early check in through booking.com. The room was on the ground floor, to say room is a bit of an over exaggeration I've seen shoe boxes that could be more accommodating. The furniture was so dated and dirty it was capable of walking out the front door itself. I took a spare pillow out of the wardrobe and it had speckles of blood on it. All the rooms on the ground floor had no smoking signs on them yet all you could smell was heavy cigarette smoke. There were footmarks all over the walls, the walls rattled when someone closed a door. We had the extra inconviniece of having the tram line bouncing the room every half an hour. The room was very hot and small and there was no air con and you cannot open a window. We used this hotel for staying in after a day at Blackpool but I wish we had just taken the train back, sleeping in a bus shelter would have been more comfortable. This hotel doesn't need a refurb. It needs closing down. Avoid at all costs. And yes I know this is a budget hotel, but if you compare this to other hotels in the same area for the same price you truly are having your money stolen from you. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MattandLaura2013
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We stayed here approximately 5/6 years ago and found the place to be basic, but clean. Not so anymore!
We were given a room on the 3rd floor, which didn't look that it had been cleaned, it smelt of cigarette smoke and half the lights didn't work. I tried to close the window, because it was so high I needed to stand on a chair, I have never seen a chair with legs so wobbly outside of a council tip. When attempting to close the window which was very stiff I found that the lock was also broken.
My wife decided that she would see if we could change rooms.
We were given a room on the first floor, which took some finding, although there is a diagram of the layout on each floor it is very confusing.
Unfortunately the key card wouldn't work, neither did a couple of others, eventually we gained access. The room was a lot larger, but again had not been cleaned. The tiles in the bathroom were not just cracked, but smashed, the ceiling had big brown stains from leaks from above, the bed was rock hard and the final straw were the curtains fell down when we tried to close them, on investigation we found they were only hung on by three curtain rings in the first place. As the windows are so high we couldn't put them back up and when we reported it to reception we were told that it would be 10 o'clock that night before anyone could come to do it.
With that we asked for a full refund and went elsewhere.
The only good thing about this hotel was the position and the receptionist, who was as helpful as she could be and understanding under the circumstances.
I wouldn't have her job for a gold pig, she must get some really irate customers and understandably so.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple