US$84
Hotels.com
Aberford Hotel(Blackpool)
AA Central Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslancaster universitycomfortable hotelcourse evening meallovely roomlounge areatoastfull english breakfastfab
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Booked afternoon tea at the Lancaster house hotel as a treat and at a price of £14.99 a head this was mid price range compared to ones we have had before. First impressions of the hotel where quite good i.e. the decor but the welcome was not the best as we were asked to pick any table as they were all empty. There were 4 of us in our party so the afternoon tea came out on 2 3-tier cake stands. The sandwiches were dry on top as if they were made earlier in the day and the eclair which we were supposed to get was replaced by a brownie. This meant 2 brownies each , these in themselves were a disappointment as they just tasted like chocolate sponge. The staff never asked if everything was ok and if we needed a top up of the tea. Even when we paid we were not asked if everything was ok. All in all a disappointing visit to a 4 star hotel. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Exceptionally nice, modern rooms, and great service from staff. Right across the road from the university, so perfect if you're visiting there. There is a decent sized pool and a gym with modern and well maintained equipment. Good buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The hotel is lovely, the room wonderful. I was accommodated in a superior suite. Bed luxurious, bathroom fab, and loved he sheepdog on the bed ( not real!!) health spa clean and the outdoor spa pool a pleasant surprise. I was a bit disappointed with dinner which was very average. The staff however were friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay again but might just look for somewhere else to eat

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with good facilities and easy to get to from the M6. I have stayed here and with this chain a number of times and will probably do so again. It has one big problem and I am sorry to be critical but the breakfast service is just hopeless and not only on this stay. It is meant to start at 7am but some of the hot buffet items were still not there at 7.15, they were just not ready to go at 7am. I asked for coffee and toast on three occasions once when being seated by the totally disorganised restaurant manager and twice more when nothing arrived. Ultimately I was about to leave having eaten breakfast when it arrived. To late for me sadly. Amazingly This is an exact repeat of what happened last time I stayed here a month ago. It is clear that the breakfast service needs some serious attention from hotel management and that is really unfortunate because otherwise this is a better than average hotel with a lot of good points.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night for a business trip. My room was a suite and consisted of a large living area (with dressing table, sofa space and a tv), a bathroom (including shower and stand-alone bath) and a bedroom (including extra large bed and tv). The room was beautiful/immaculate and the bed must be the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!

The lounge area next to the reception desks is old fashioned looking, but in a quirky way. The large fire gives the area a cosy and warm feeling. Most of the hotel is decorated in a similar way throughout.

During my stay I ate a three course evening meal, a full English breakfast and a two course lunch - all of which were delicious and well presented.

I would definitely stay again and can imagine this is a nice hotel to visit with both your partner and your family.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business