Lowest prices for your stay
US$261
View deal
Expedia.comUS$248
Hotels.comUS$248
HurbUS$270
All reviews premier room blackpool promotions evening meal lovely hotel nightly entertainment hotel staff buffet breakfast walk in shower could not fault night break food was lovely my mum bar area lovely room one night stay great weekend town centre
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

All staff were very helpful and friendly
Rooms were very clean and tidy
Food was very good
Leslie and the rest of the bar staff was very friendly and always kept your glass full specially when it was
all inclusive very good service no complaints at all. can wait to come again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nicola Stott, Sales at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Hello Stephen, thank you so much for your great review, we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Leslie will be really happy she made such a good impression. We look forward to seeing you again at The Ruskin.

Reviewed 7 October 2020

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and felt very safe during the covid. The staff go out their way to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast was promt which we thought was great as you are happy to eat and leave and not hang around, i think the hotel staff have the breakfast working to a high standard. The lady behind the bar was exceptional and kept the bar immaculate and was helpful to everyone that i seen.The reception staff kept everyone feeling safe and a mention to the staff member who stored our luggage for us as we where leaving Blackpool later.I would recomend this hotel with absolutely no doubts. I cannot wait to return.

1  Thank robert_smith1012
Nicola Stott, Sales at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Hello Robert, thank you so much for your glowing review. We have a great team here at The Ruskin and we try to make sure that the procedures in place don't affect our guests stay with us too much. We look forward to seeing you back with us in the future. Kind regards, The Ruskin Team

Reviewed 7 October 2020

I’ve just come back from staying here with my friend for 4 days I cannot fault this hotel at all the staff work so hard and are so accommodating nothing was to much trouble they were fantastic! The food was amazing the atmosphere was also fantastic the rooms were spot less! The staff were so friendly and the nighttime entertainment was ok but was still good I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone location was fantastic, everything was right near you but mainly the staff they were amazing and really did go above and beyond! I was skeptical at first because I’ve always stayed in 5* accommodation and this hotel was definitely on par! I will definitely be booking again because the price for what you get is second to none I’m not one for writing reviews but I generally believe this hotel is worthy of visiting and I definitely will be coming back x

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Sonia, thank you so much for your brilliant review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. See you next time you visit Blackpool.
Kind regards
The Ruskin Team

Reviewed 2 October 2020

I stayed at the Ruskin with my cousin we had two rooms. We were really looking forward to the stay as we had stayed there before. When we arrived we were given our room cards, we were not informed at the time that we had standard rooms not premier rooms and was given a piece of paper, we were not informed that we could up grade our package until we spoke to other guests. When I tired to get into my room several times, just about to leave to go back to reception to my amazement a lady was in my room. After 30 mins l got into the room after being told it had been cleaned, this was a concern but told they use the correct cleaning products. I was also given extra biscuits as well , I wasn’t happy but wasn’t given any choice.
My other concern is the dining room, we were given paper menus which were re-used, the service was like being in McDonald’s so fast. I also witness a staff member cough into her hand and carried on working. It’s great there is hand sanitizer around and guests need to wear masks when walking around. On our last day which was busy as people were coming and going the rule of six people in the bar wasn’t being observed and there were large groups together having lunch. When l arrived home on Sunday l stated to become unwell with a bad cough and cold, I went for a COVID test which came back positive, I cannot say it’s related to my experience at the hotel. It takes five days to come out which relates to my time at the hotel.

Overall it’s a great hotel but they need to review their COVID measures and that they are endearing to them. I really think l should have been put into another room or the room being left longer before l was allowed to go into the room. As l do think this could have been the source of infection. Track and trace informed of positive test

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank C5830ZPjonm
Ruskin Management , Guest Services / Front Office at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Hello, firstly I do hope you are keeping well, thank you for your feedback, we have started an internal review of the points you highlighted, we do have full covid procedures in place for both staff and guests, for example the paper menus, these are single use items which we are using in excess over 1000 a week. we apologise if you feel breakfast was rushed, it is hard to strike a balance with timimgs using the new procedures, other guests have commented that service is to slow, pleased be assured the staff are trying their very hardest under pressure to deliver the best possible service to all our guests whilst trying to keep everyone safe.
On Thursday 1st Oct the Ruskin was routinely inspected by Public Health England and was found to have the correct procedures in place and was commended for the control measures in operation thoughout the hotel.
Covid is affecting every part of society, the rules are clear and everyone must follow them to protect themselves and those around them, we will continue to review and amend training and procedures to ensure we are doing our very best to prevent transmission.

As you say in yoiur review the Ruskin is a great hotel, we hope you will choose us for your next visit to Blackpool and we wish you a speeding recovery.

Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

Our first time here and on the whole really enjoyed it.
Arrived before check-in hotel more than happy to hold our bags. The hotel is pleasant, clean and fairly modern.
When we arrived to our room found it clean and comfortable, not sure why people complain about the size of the rooms ours was adequate and as we had no plans to do cart wheels around the room it met our needs. Bathroom fine and loved the coffee mugs.
Both bar areas lovely but do have to agree that the service in the evening was slow and a little chaotic, at one point we waited 15minutes for our order to be taken waited a further 15 minutes for the drinks to arrive to find out when we asked a member of staff for them that the order had been lost. The manager was very pleasant appoligised and brought our drinks over. I know that the rules have changed recently and this takes a bit of getting used to but sadly we weren't the only ones waiting for service and maybe it just needs reorganizing a little so guests don't feel the need to order more than one drink at a time which did appear to be happening that evening.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely and did seem to run very smoothly.
On the whole this is a lovely hotel and all the staff we met were friendly and very helpful.
Would definitely recommend and would definitely return again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello, thank you for your lovely review, we do accept that bar table service is a little slow at busy times, the new restrictions do limit the number of guests and staff, we have almost 3 times more staff on duty to serve 30% less customers but the style of service is much slower, sadly this is going to be the case while the current restrictions ae in place.
We do hope you fully undersatnd the balance we are trying to achieve in then difficult and trying times, we are pleased that on the whole you enjoyed yoir stay and the Staff were very heplful and freindly, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ruskin for your next trip to Blackpool.