9 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$18
Hotels.comUS$85
Trip.comUS$85
HurbUS$100
All reviews premier room blackpool promotions evening meal lovely hotel nightly entertainment hotel staff buffet breakfast walk in shower could not fault night break food was lovely my mum bar area lovely room one night stay great weekend town centre
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here many times over the years food cant be faulted. Standard rooms in need of a lick of paint. Entertainment most of the singers are good but I feel the songs need to be looked at to many slow songs needs to be abit more up beat .As for the MCs more like holiday camp. To much talking not enough singing the disco bingo is pathetic everyone totally bored other than good around hotel.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Audrey M
Nicola Stott, Sales at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Audrey,
Thank you for the review, we have taken your points on board and will pass on to the entertainment team. Our standard bedrooms have all been re-decorated over the last 4 months with new feature wallpaper, new soft furnishings and where needed freshly painted walls.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked a week for my Birthday with my wife and invited friends, our children and grandchildren and my father along for different days of our stay and have to say it was fabulous value for money. The food was much better than anything I'd normally expect from a guest house and was more like restaurant quality. The highlight of the stay was the standard of the service and general attitude and the staff throughout who were warm, welcoming and a pleasure to meet. Special shout out to Clare who seemed to spend the whole week making sure my father was topped up with gin and had a constant supply of sandwiches! Overall can't recommend highly enough and will definitely be returning in future. Thank you to everyone at the Ruskin, we had a really lovely stay.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Vacation52266768713

Hello,
Thank you so much for your excellent review, we are so pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure that Clare knows that you named her personally, she is a little treasure and a valued member of our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2020

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and small baby at the start of half term for 3 nights, and I loved it. Easy walking distance to the tower and the beach.
The staff were fantastic, all of them, but special mention to courtney, Enzo and Claire who were our servers at most of our meals.
Due to Covid the hotel has had to make some changes, but they have worked hard to follow the guidelines and regulations yet still maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Leslie and Dave in the bar were also kind and accommodating. The rooms were clean with everything you would expect from this type of hotel.
There is entertainment during evening meals, which you may find a little loud if you prefer a quiet meal, but for us it was just right.
Food was nice and drinks prices reasonable. There was parking to which is always a bonus.
All in all a great weekend - shame about the weather but I cant blame the hotel for that.
A great trip and I’m glad we went. Thanks everyone at the Ruskin.

2  Thank EllieS281
Ruskin Management , Guest Services / Front Office at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2020

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay, we have passed on your comments to all the team. Hopefully you will choose the Ruskin for your next visit to Blackpool and we look forwaerd to welcoming you and the family back.

Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

My partner and I made a last minute decision to stay in and booked the Ruskin Hotel and we are so glad we did.

We were both overwhelmed with how lovely the staff were and could not be happier with our stay. I am not usually one to write reviews but I just cannot believe the level of service at the Ruskin and want more people to know about the Ruskin so they can enjoy it like we did! Within our first day we felt part of a community and we really were so well looked after.

We went all inclusive and I wouldn’t do it any other way when we go back. You get breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as soft drinks, hot drinks and selected alcoholic drinks.
The food was incredible which given the price we was really surprised about.
Although the alcoholic drinks are only certain drinks it covers your regular spirits, red/white/rose and an in-house larger that my partner said was really nice so you won’t go without.

The room we stayed in was the king premier room and it was ideal for our 4 night stay. Modern, very spacious, comfortable and clean.

There was also nightly entertainment. Singing, bingo, and even an in-house comedian who was brilliant!

Despite all the staff being amazing we would like to give a special mention to
Lesley and Gary in the bar to the right of reception
And Enzo, the catering Manager.
Lesley, was the most welcoming, kind natured woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting whilst in a hospitality capacity. Lesley was always making sure we had food and drink flowing as well as showing a genuine interest to my partner and I.
Gary, was very much the same. Extremely welcoming and attentive. We later found out from another staff member that Gary was the director of the hotel which really shocked us given how hands on and helpful he is. That is not to say that hotel directors aren’t usually lovely people, but you don’t usually see them so involved and so interested in their residents.
And finally the lovely Enzo, from the moment we had our first meal Enzo was attentive and regularly checking in to make sure we were happy with the food and the service. Really lovely man who works very hard to ensure all guests are happy with their dining experience.

Would highly recommend to all age groups! My partner and I are mid twenties but there were guests ranging from children to 80’s and all were equally enjoying themselves.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicola Stott, Sales at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Hello Chrissie,
Wow, what an amazing review! We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and booked to come back before we went into lockdown again.
We look forward to seeing you both once we re-open.
Take care from us all at The Ruskin x

Reviewed 12 October 2020

Another superb weekend, 9 October 2020
In these troubling times we had very good weekend there is a few of us. we all followed the rules no problem we have been coming to the Ruskin for years.
There is a new part them rooms are new and modern we are always in main part rooms are different sizes.
Food is brill more than brill good entertainment a nice relaxed place. Stuart

Room tip: New part modern
Date of stay: October 2020
Nicola Stott, Sales at The Ruskin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Hello Stuart, thank you for your great review, we are really pleased that you continue to enjoy your stays with us.
Kind regards