“Great Value for Money, fun for all ages”

Sandcastle Waterpark
Ranked #14 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandcastle Waterpark, in Blackpool, is the UK’s largest indoor waterpark, with 18 slides and attractions, open year round and fun for all the family. Amongst the slides and attractions are Master Blaster - the longest indoor Roller Coaster waterslide in the world, Sidewinder, Aztec Falls, Montazooma, Thunderfalls family slides and more!
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The first thing that I noticed in The Sandcastle, was how polite and accommodating the staff were, from the entrance desk, to the changing rooms and the life guards to the ride supervisors. This set the tone nicely for a fantastic day, albeit on the hottest day of the year so far! Despite the heat outside, it was pleasant inside and busy, but not too busy.
I went with my 5 year old daughter and a friend with his 7 year old daughter.
We couldn't go on the new rides, due to age / height restrictions, however the people I spoke to in the pool, were saying how great they were. There were some people complaining about the length of time they had to queue, for example, 15 minutes for the Sidewinder, but this is comparable to the rides at the Pleasure Beach, so not really an issue, in my opinion.
We went on every ride / slide my daughter was allowed on and never queued for more than 5 minutes. The whirl pool was great fun and the Wave Pool went down very well.
We stayed for around 3 hours, which proved fantastic value for money. I can spend over £20 in less than an hour on South / Central Pier, so I feel The Sandcastle is one of the better value "paid attractions" in Blackpool, especially if you stay for the full day,
We didn't eat,so can't comment on the food.
The Changing rooms were clean and we didn't have to wait for one and there were plenty of lockers. There were staff cleaning and mopping the floors constantly, which was good to see.
Would I return? Yes, most definitely

1  Thank Greg J M

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Well, I have lost count how many times we have been here !
Boast the longest indoor roller coaster in the world. They have just added Aztec Slides - amazing !
Top tip - If you you live locally , take a utility bill in and get a discount.

Allow about 3 hours or more.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We took 32 Scouts on a trip to the Sandcastle, All the Scouts said they had, had a brilliant day and could we go back in the summer. The staff were so friendly and helpful. It is stressful trying to keep an eye on so many young adults and with water about. The Sandcastle was clean and tidy, As scout leaders we had no complaints at all, in fact we did actually relax and have a swim. BRILL DAY.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

lots of activities to do.. fun packed adventure and cheap for whole family.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

they have improved the sandcastle from what it used to be which was boring into something a bit more like it , but being blackpool there should be a big attraction like the highest water slide like they have at the atlantis hotel in dubai, blackpool is suposed to be the up and coming holiday destination it needs draging out of the victorian age

1  Thank Steve V