“The place was flithy”
Review of Tam O' Shanter

Tam O' Shanter
Ranked #718 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I booked this place for a weekend away celebrating an anniversary. Plus paid more for a ensuite, I booked it mainly for the price that they were offering that was great. I did not get the best of welcomes and when I entered room "3" the bathroom was grubby and had a black film over it, and also the toilet roll was non exsistance.
Breakfast was okay, but was covered in grease and the cereal looked past it cell by.
The location was fantastic and if this place just got refurbished I would come back again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Leany04

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Stayed the weekend with my partner. walked through front door smelt like stale fags with dust and hairs all up the stairs. the room was ok but the bathroom it had mould all over floor and shower. i fetched my own bed good job i did as there was hairs on the sheet with stains.Puuting my own bedding on i took the pillows out and the pillows was stained yellow the lamps were broken and the window had mould round the frame. we had no towels when we arrived so good job i fetched my own. put it this way i wouldnt visit again room number 3

Room Tip: Don't book there book next door
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicolle G
Reviewed 15 August 2015

My friend and I planned a few days in blackpool as a quick get-away. After finding this b&b online, we were impressed with the cost of the 2 night stay in a prime city centre location.

On arrival, we were early but polite enough to ask to drop our bags while we headed into town. We had no expectation of the room being ready at 11am when check in was at 2.30pm but were rudely "welcomed" into the b&b. I feel we were stereotyped s young party girls as we stepped in the door (truth is we were bedded by 11pm both nights!!). As mentioned, we only wanted to drop our bags so we didnt have to lug them around the city. Never the less, she changed our sheets and let us be.

We stayed in the kingsize double room with en-suite and thank god we never booked the shared facilities option as originally planned, to cut costs. The room was grubby. Our clean sheets had yellow stains, the surfaces were dusty, the kettle was rank, the bathroom was dirty, the room and general entire b&b had an musty/smokey/weedy smell and top it off, poking out of the floor of the bathroom was a rusty nail, used to keep the bathroom door from hitting the shower. Now I know we went to blackpool and booked a cheap b&b on the fly, but a bit of tlc on the room wouldn't go a miss. I get the impression the owners want the business without any hard work.

There's no wifi.

Both nights we slept very comfortably in the stained sheets (!) and generally the building was very quite. Our room was located at the back of the building so we didn't have an issue with noise from the prom. However, we did have a view of their "back garden" (more of a walled in alley way) which was covered in their gorgeous dog's poo! Nice.

The shower was fab and the water hot, however, we were not provided with any towels and were scared to ask due to the unwelcomed feeling. Our toilet roll was not topped up either and our two half rolls didn't last the duration of the stay so we had to pinch some from the place we went for dinner. Currently, there is an issue with the local water supply in Blackpool and everyone has been advised not to use water from the tap for eating/drinking/washing hand and teeth due to the contamination. WE WERE NOT TOLD THIS BY THE OWNERS. We were only informed by a friend who we met with who lives in the city. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & RISKY.

Finally, my only other issue with the place is that you can hear EVERYTHING- arguing families to hearing next door having their morning cardio in the shower behind me while I emptied my bladder!!!!!!!

Other than that, the b&b is in a prime location and the owner cooks a mean breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Stayed here last week in July, 2015. No problems and will return. Owner lovely and chatty and very pleasant to be around. The cost for stay is exceptional, the location is a few minutes from the promenade and Central Pier. While we have always been lucky with car parking - it is luck to get a free space on Coop Street but don't worry as there is a number of paid car parks nearby, and other streets where you may find a free space.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runewarden
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here last month as definatley gone down since I was last there Emma was welcoming couldn't of asked for a better host the new owner as no manners and definatley needs a course in dealing with customers and cleaning of the B and B . My room had been double booked and when

I told I wasn't happy and wanted some money back she kicked off there was an argument and she threatened to kick us out and all the way through she blamed Emma you can only use Emma as an excuse for so long

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family